Pear Tree Swap

Kim,
Being that this is the first traditional style wet fly I have tied, it has been a little tricky. I’m starting to get a hang on how to finish the head. It’s not perfect but what do you think?View attachment 1641232935
- Gavin
I think your fly already looks better than my fly.

Reactions: GHM
I think your fly already looks better than my fly.
It’s not perfect but I’m happy with my progress.

Also, I just filled up one of the 5 space Altoid organizers you shared with me. They really do make it so much better. Thought I’d get ready for next years farm ponds with some ants, simple hoppers, buggers, and damsel flies.

Here's who's in, so far:

1) dc410 - Soft Hackle PT
2) JimNovo - Bead Head Soft Hackle
3) barrybarry - Peacock Soft Hackle
4) JeffK
5) lazlo - Blowtorch
6) GMH - Partridge and Squirrel
7) lprudente - Purple Body Soft Hackle
8) PatchezMDM - Partridge Red Palmer
9) jeffroey - Gold Ribbed March Brown Spider
10)hooker-of-men-Guide's Choice Hare's Ear
11)whheff- February Red, a friend's version
12)LAST OPENNING! WHO WANTS IT??

Just look at the fine patterns that you could get in on! just ONE spot remaining to close out this fine swap! The ONLY hard part will be waiting until January to receive these wonderful ties! OH, the anticipation.

Kim

All it takes to join is a little partridge! Some hunting skills or maybe some creative :rolleyes: driving skills can get you what you need!

Speaking of hunting skills, I just sourced my materials Saturday.
IMG 0985

Here's who's in, so far:

4) JeffK
5) lazlo - Blowtorch
12)LAST OPENNING! WHO WANTS IT??

Just look at the fine patterns that you could get in on! just ONE spot remaining to close out this fine swap! The ONLY hard part will be waiting until January to receive these wonderful ties! OH, the anticipation.

Kim

All it takes to join is a little partridge! Some hunting skills or maybe some creative :rolleyes: driving skills can get you what you need!
I'll take it (seeing how your other swap on NAFF seems unlikely to get off the ground.)

Since nobody else has claimed it, I'll do a Partridge and Orange.

You are in AND the Fore and Aft WILL GO! (Even if I have to put on my back and carry it!) ;)

Thanks.

Kim

Here's who's in, final count!

4) JeffK
5) lazlo - Blowtorch
12)redietz - Partridge & Orange

This swap is FULL! My mailing address is going out to all of you via PM.

Kim

Very cool!! This swap is going to produce some really great patterns.

It also gives me the perfect excuse to buy a new Hungarian Partridge skin, which I’ve actually needed for the last few years.

Very cool!! This swap is going to produce some really great patterns.

It also gives me the perfect excuse to buy a new Hungarian Partridge skin, which I’ve actually needed for the last few years.
Where do you like to buy from?
I’m in need of more now!!
Was hoping to find some at the fly tying show this weekend.

Where do you like to buy from?
I’m in need of more now!!
Was hoping to find some at the fly tying show this weekend.
I have a buddy of mine that used to deal in partridge skins. He doesn’t deal in them anymore but I think he may still be able to hook me up with a good one.

I would think you should have a good chance of finding one at the show this weekend.

I traded a couple of PMs with Kim earlier today, mostly about Altoids containers. I picked up from a few of his responses that quite a few of us use them as swap boxes and as fly boxes on the stream.

I manage nearly all of my flies on the water in Altoids tins and I 3D print divider inserts that convert them into really functional fly boxes.

View attachment 1641232911View attachment 1641232912

Kim agreed to let me send in a bunch with my fly offering and he'll distribute them out to you when he sends back flies.

I told him it was my apology for the really crappy flies I'm sending you 🙂

I hope you choose to snap them in and give them a try.
Box inserts and some fine ties came in the mail today! Best start to a swap yet!

Kim

Got some fine (and mismarked! :rolleyes: ) February Reds from whheff! Two beautiful sets of flies in already - QUITE the start to this swap!

Kim

BTW, whheff sent me a message that he sealed the envelope and then realized that his toe tags were marked 14 instead of the 16's that they are!

Look what the mailman dropped in my mailbox today! I’m about ready to really get down to it on this swap. Lots of great feathers on these skins.

IMG 9261

Look what the mailman dropped in my mailbox today! I’m about ready to really get down to it on this swap. Lots of great feathers on these skins.

View attachment 1641233044
Very nice. If only the mailman knew what they were delivering! 😳

I picked up one at the fly tying show. I’m excited to hackle everything now.

Very nice. If only the mailman knew what they were delivering! 😳

I picked up one at the fly tying show. I’m excited to hackle everything now.
Nice! I’m glad you were able to pick one up at the show. It’s always a lot of fun to start spinning up some new flies off of a brand new skin.

I got some fine looking bead heads from JimNovo in today's mail. This swap is continuing it's upward trend, thanks Jim!

Kim

Back