Pear Tree Swap

Got some fine looking French Partridge Olive Mayfly ties from JeffK in the mail today. So far this is 4 fine patterns to start this swap out. It's shaping up to be a mighty fine swap to start the new year out right!

Kim

Got some fine flies from barrybarry the other day. Sorry so late a notice but these flies are worth the wait!

Kim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Swapmiester!

Your flies are due in 2 weeks from today, the new year is near!!

====================================================

I got some wonderfully delicate looking soft hackles in the mail today from dc410. I believe that the man himself said this - "This is shaping up to be a good swap." I AGREE!

Kim

I mailed my blowtorch flies today and included an additional fly as a tribute to my Dad who passed away two weeks ago. As many of us know it was our fathers who introduced us to fishing, fly fishing and then fly tying. While my Dad wasn't really into fly fishing he loved to tie flies and after reading Sylvester Nemes books on the soft hackled flies he tied a bunch. He fished them with a split shot on his spinning outfit, an original tight liner you might say. I tied a partridge and yellow soft hackle and hope everyone catches a fish in his honor. Dad would have been 102 today.

So sorry about your loss! I hope that he lived a good century of life! And speaking for myself, I would love to fish with the fly to honor your Dad as well as mine.

I'd like to suggest to all members of this swap that you could send a picture of your using the fly and attach it to this swap thread. It's just an idea NOT an order.

Kim

I'll keep an eye out for this special package.

I got a fine offering in my mail last year (I know, I know - but I've been saying this since 1st grade!) from laszlo. His Blowtorch had my mailbox smoking! Five more fly sets and this swap will be wrapped up and you can see the fine flies I've had the pleasure to see! As Mel Brooks said in one of his movies - "It's good to be Swapmeister!"( or words to that effect)!

Kim

Flies that are in to me as of Jan. 1

1) dc410 - Soft Hackle PT - received
2) JimNovo - Bead Head Soft Hackle - received
3) barrybarry - Peacock Soft Hackle - received
4) JeffK - received
5) lazlo - Blowtorch - received
6) GMH - Partridge and Squirrel
7) lprudente - Purple Body Soft Hackle
8) PatchezMDM - Partridge Red Palmer
9) jeffroey - Gold Ribbed March Brown Spider - received
10)hooker-of-men-Guide's Choice Hare's Ear
11)whheff- February Red, a friend's version - received
12)redietz - Partridge & Orange

For the rest of you there is still time so I look forward to seeing your offerings to this fine swap for the new year!

Kim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Flies are due in to me in 7 days. Here is your last weekend

to tie your beauties and get them in to me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Got some quality flies from hooker-of-men in todays mail. Nice additions to the swap and thanks!

Kim

I got some more fine ties in todays mail, these are from lprudente. One last set and this puppy can be wrapped up!

Kim

Good news! The USPS ponies have sent the last set of flies in to me today! This swap finished strong with the arrival of GHM's flies! I'll get these out in the mail no later than this coming Tuesday.

Great swap everyone and I'll be posting my next swap in a couple weeks.

Kim

I'll post here when the flies are dropped and will PM each of you with your USPS tracking numbers. Thank you all for a mighty fine swap!

Good news! The USPS ponies have sent the last set of flies in to me today! This swap finished strong with the arrival of GHM's flies! I'll get these out in the mail no later than this coming Tuesday.

Great swap everyone and I'll be posting my next swap in a couple weeks.

Kim

I'll post here when the flies are dropped and will PM each of you with your USPS tracking numbers. Thank you all for a mighty fine swap!
Thanks, Kim! You're the best!

You handled it fine and you have nothing to apologize for )unless you were riding one of those ponies, that is!:rolleyes:). you kept me in the loop so I could keep the members informed. And I bet that there are a few tyers out there that have similar experiences.

Besides your ties were worth the wait!

Kim

Flies arrived today! Thank you to Kim and to all of you that added such amazing soft hackles to my box!

First swap I participated in. Glad I did and already looking forward to the next one!

Got my flies today as well. Wow! What a bunch of fantastic flies. Everyone of them is a serious fish catcher. We have some very talented tyers here on PAFF. Can’t wait to swing ‘em this Spring, we’re going to be hooked up all the time.

Thanks, Jeffroey for the Altoid box insert, that is really cool and greatly appreciated!

I’ve been involved in a lot of fly swaps over the years, but I have to say this one is definitely at the top as far as the patterns and the quality of the ties. Thanks, Kim for an awesome swap and the gifts that you sent along. Very well done! I’m looking forward to participating in more swaps in the future.

Received mine as well.
I will have to give some of these a try next time I go out. I’ll probably just keep them in my altoid tin. This is of course until I lose them all in trees.

Back