Paflyfish Jamboree 2015 - May 15-17

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Happy to announce the 2015 Paflyfish Spring Jamboree on the weekend of May 15-17 at the Seven Mountains Campground.

The Paflyfish Spring Jamboree is our annual meet-up were we all get chance to get together in Central Pennsylvania to fly fish, tie some flies, camp and share a few stories. We have folks coming from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida. We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams including Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Little Juniata River (Little J), Fishing Creek and plenty more in the region.

If you want to get a cabin or reserve a camp site you will need to contact Mary or Susan at:Seven Mountains Campground.
101 Seven Mountains
Campground Rd.
Spring Mills, PA 16875
(814) 364-1910
(888) 468-2556

I will be announcing more details as we make plans. Move quickly if you want to stay in the campground or just hold the weekend if you want to just stop over and join us one of the evenings.

See you in May!

Dave

Csoult and BikerFish hanging at Penns Creek

Maurice and Fishidiot on the Little J

Coming to this one - can't wait! Site reserved.

Made my reservations yesterday, I'll be getting in on Wednesday the 13th.

Dave I'll bring you some more SCRAPPLE again.

As long as it is made in PA.

I was in Conneaut Lake PA the other day and stopped at the meat market. I noticed they had scrapple. When I read the package, I was shocked to see that it was made in Ohio.

You have never had Italian scrapple, then.

No. I know scrapple and there is no such a thing as Italian scrapple. Jack just putting Italian gravy on something doesn't it make it Italian.

Scrapple is scrapple. Just that simple. Made in Pennsylvania

Pieces and parts, even tripe, mixed with polenta makes a reasonable facsimile to me.

dkile wrote:

Scrapple is scrapple.

That's like Art saying a degree is a degree.

I didn't buy the Ohesian scrapple even though it said "Dutch," but I did buy a ham loaf because they make their own. Had to freeze it/ Too much food in the house. For some reason that happens occasionally when I do the shopping.

Jack, the Italians have plenty of fine food. Let the PA Dutch claim the best scrapple please.

Jack,

I agree with FD, the Romans had their day. Leave a little room for the rest of us and give the Pennsylvania Dutch their time in the sun.

FD there is only one Philly cheese steak, Maryland crab cake, and Boston pie. Don't buy bad scrapple.

I'm not claiming polenta and animal scraps is better when in the Italian iterations. Just sayin' it doesn't only exist in the PA Dutch form.

dkile wrote:

FD there is only one Philly cheese steak, Maryland crab cake, and Boston pie. Don't buy bad scrapple.

Don't get me wrong. I was tempted. But it just didn't seem right.

True that about the crap cakes, too. But I did have some very respectable ones in a little dive in Delaware once.

JackM wrote:
I'm not claiming polenta and animal scraps is better when in the Italian iterations. Just sayin' it doesn't only exist in the PA Dutch form.

I'm no expert, only ever having scrapple once, but it seems to me that is not even close. No offense intended, but polenta is just a fancy name for grits. I personally have had grits polenta of times. But the corn substance in scrapple seems to be a much finer product.

Italian version is probably more like bland haggis.

I'm confirmed with the campground. I will be there from Wednesday to Sunday. Looking forward to meeting everyone again.

For the record I love scrapple. I like RAPA Original brand. It's made in Delaware....
RAPA brand is the largest producer of scrapple in the world for whatever that is worth.
And RAPA makes a bacon scrapple too if you're into bacon:)

Next thing you'll be claiming that all scrapple tastes alike.

JackM wrote:
Next thing you'll be claiming that all scrapple tastes alike.

I'm not sure who you were directing that at, but it is pretty much opposite what I was saying.

But that could change when I have it for the second time.;-)

No it doesn't taste alike. I prefer Habbesetts, but it seems they have moved processing to Delaware. Once they were in Media, PA. Good news I have found they can ship it to me.

Jack you don't know jack scrapple. I looked up scrapple up in the Book of Knowledge (Wikipedia) and there are no references of any sort Italian or Italy scrapple. I even searched the whole world wide web on the Googles and there is no such thing out there about Italian Scrapple. So unless your family and all of the that country were secretly making scrapple for the past 200 years it is just bull scrapple that it even exists.

Next you'll tell me you invented the New York Strip steak or something.

When I lived in Bradley Beach, NJ I used to sneak out of temple early to meet a friend for Pork Roll egg and cheese sandwiches on a hard role. Also known as Taylor Ham, I found it in a fairly local supermarket out here, may have to bring some of that too.

Jack's scrapple leaves a bourbon after taste.
Scrapple ,liver, gizzards, sweet breads, head cheese,kischka, etc what a waste of taste buds. Anything that stinks that bad while cooking can't be good for you. GG

Is it safe to assume that the campsite books up quickly? In debate over making a reservation or just stopping over for a day. Seems like a good time. Look forward to making it over one way or another.

Hopefully the weather treats that weekend well.

Back