PAFlyfish Jamboree 2007 Now Hear This!

Damn right I'm going. I was preoccupied by the Tenn trip. But now thats over :-( I can focus on this.

My bro Josh might come. My old man may go too but I doubt it.

Just think: 3 weeks from now some of us will be gathered around a campfire up in the great north woods of PA listening to the sound of a pounding rain beating down on the roof of the pavillion. :p

JackM wrote:
Just think: 3 weeks from now some of us will be gathered around a campfire up in the great north woods of PA listening to the sound of a pounding rain beating down on the roof of the pavillion. :p

So long as the beer is cold, friendships warm and we find a clear stream...it won't bother me.

Because of some health problems, I won't be able to make this Jam. It will be the first one I've missed and Im not happy about it, always a great time for me, in spite of the rain.

I haven't been able to do a lot of fishing this year and it's killing me. I hope these Doctors soon find out what's wrong with me.

I'll be back!

Paul G.

No quick wit and deer bologna. It just won't be the same. Hope you are feeling better soon, Paul.

Hey,Paul,

Sorry to hear that you're "under the weather"

and won't make the Jamboree. You'll be

sorely missed. Get back on your feet soon

and hopefully we'll be able to "cross paths"

again before too much water goes over the

dam.

Best to you and the family,

Jack Steel

Tom

If Maurice will make a quick stop by on his way up, I'll get him some blonoga for you guys...Got some really good stuff this year, thanks to my Son!

PaulG

Paul, thats entirely up to you and Maurice...I'd be much happier to hear you are well than mooch deer bologna from you. Thanks for the offer though.

Just a reminder to all Jamboree goers......

Bring your lightly used or unwanted gear for a friendly swap Saturday night at the campfire. Nets, vests, chest packs, rods, reels, fly boxes.

I have a box of 36 flies (assorted patterns) that I am going to throw on the table.

It may be prudent to bring barter as well...a case of beer or bottle of scotch come to mind...or maybe a few finer cigars.

It's not a requirement but could be a lot of fun to let some things go and pick up some others....I'll see if I can part with any other junk I have in the trunk.

Maurice

BTW...ware in tarnation di that varmint Festus git to...I reckon ol Marshal Dillon done locked 'em up.:lol:

BTW...ware in tarnation di that varmint Festus git to...I reckon ol Marshal Dillon done locked 'em up.

10 days of turkey huntin in NY, another 5 in New Hampshire. Got home last Saturday, been down hard with a bad case of bronchitus(SP) ever since. Hopefully the meds my Doc gave me yesterday knocks it outta me by the weekend. :-(

We're sending some thunder clouds your way as we speak. 32 hours to go!

Sorry I missed the meeting all of ypu, that went to the jamboree..I hope Festus showed you a good time and shared all his secret spots and patterns....

Absolute friggin blast.

I'll post my report here sometime tomorrow, but the general idea is: great people, decent fishing, lots of good times, little sleep. Can't complain too much at all, except for the sleep.

I talked to Maurice on the phone yesterday. He told me that everyone was having a good time and they were catching fish. The rain hasn't been to bad, most of it coming in the afternoon when the guys were on break. The fireside chats have been interesting with plenty of stories and lots of beer.

He said Ryan caught a huge 20 inch brown, a real hog! Sounds like a good Jam, sorry I had to miss it!

Paul

Paul,

It pains me to admit this but it was not I that caught the hog. I did however catch some bluegill and a smallie during an itermittent green drake hatch.

Your bologna was absolutely excellent! Thank you for sending it up. I vote next years is back on limestone.

We got into fish everywhere but the water was warm on Pine and Kettle. We must have found a spring sump below Ole Bull cause every fish in a mile was hanging out there.

In short I had a great time. Fewer people went but I got to spend time with everyone that was there. And I think the swap was a HUGE success (at least for me) I already got the guides off and am stripping years of varnish off the rod. Thanks fly n' ice!

gezellig (Dutch) – cozy, in the sense of being with people;
with comfortable congeniality;
with the homey, relaxed feeling of being with people with whom one feels a sense of "belonging", of being in a welcoming, sheltering and tolerant place

That's a dutch word that I learned from a friend a few years ago and I think it fit the scene pretty well.

I believe it's pronounced "hezellik"

I got in friday evening... Didn't bother setting up and went to fish the run below the campsite. Caught a few sportsman club stocked brookies and a nice brown on slate drake parachutes (a good match for what looked like a large rusty spinner) and coffin flies.

Biked the canyon with a few guys the next day and Maurice showed me a thing or two about fishing pocket water. To be honest I was never too big on fishing water like that, but we caught a few fish right off the bat. It was certainly a learning experience, and it was all in a beautiful place. I ended up catching what I'm pretty sure was a wild brookie of about 9". We got drenched by a storm on the way out, and eventually headed back out to catch the drakes. They came late, but the fish began rising pretty well. The entire group basically lined a large run and we caught quite a few fish.

Tied some flies and chatted with many people that night and retired late again... that was a common theme.

Went out to lower pine/slate run with MattBoyer the next morning and did decent. Slate was low and gin clear so the only fish we saw were heading for cover from us. Caught a few in the thermal refuges at the mouths of tribs in the pine, to make for an acceptable outing. On the way up through slate, we ran into a large black bear... this lead us to crap our pants, but in the end it was a really neat experience. He scoped us out for a good five minutes.

I had a great time and I'd do it again any time. Just let me know when and where and I'm there.

Anyone looking for a refund on their camper rental fee can PM me with an address for a full refund.

Ya shouldn't be able to stay three nights, not complain to the managment and then expect a full refund....just ain't right.

But some people send back their waders three, four sometimes five times for a full refund from Orvis....some people are just takers.

Back