PAFF Jamboree History

JackM

JackM

Staff member
Help me compile a history. I have searched my hard drive for evidence of the date and place. I have some pictures from each year I attended and a list of attendees for 2008. I think 2003 was my first year to attend.

By examining my photos, I hope to compile a list of attendees based upon photographic evidence and my memory. If I am unsure, I will leave it to other fellow historians to help add names and information.

Here's what I have so far:

Jamboree History:

Those more knowledgeable please fill in blanks, make corrections, etc.

1998 Penn’s Creek (John, any dates on your photos?), Woodward CG
1999 Penn's Creek Hemlock Acres CG
2000 Cove Creek Henrietta F&G Club
2001 Penn's Creek Hemlock Acres CG
2002 Penn's Creek Hemlock Acres CG
2003 Coburn, PA, May [?], Hemlock Acres CG
2004 Cedar Run, PA, [May 28-30][?], Petticote Junction CG
2005 Coburn, PA, May 20-22, Hemlock Acres CG
2006 Coburn, PA, June 2-4, Hemlock Acres CG
2007 Gaines, PA, June 1-3, Kenshire CG
2008 Coburn, PA, May 16-18, Hemlock Acres CG
2009 Coburn, PA, May 15-17, Hemlock Acres CG
2010 Coburn, PA, May [21-23][?], Hemlock Acres CG

15-17 sounds right to me for 2009. 2007 was at Kenshire Campsite.

Count me in for 2007 to present.

JackM wrote:
Help me compile a history. I have searched my hard drive for evidence of the date and place. I have some pictures from each year I attended and a list of attendees for 2008. I think 2003 was my first year to attend.

By examining my photos, I hope to compile a list of attendees based upon photographic evidence and my memory. If I am unsure, I will leave it to other fellow historians to help add names and information.

Here's what I have so far:

Jamboree History:

Those more knowledgeable please fill in blanks, make corrections, etc.

1999 Woodward, PA (John, any dates on your photos?) did you guys stay at Hemlock?[color=0000FF]Woodward CG[/color]
2000 [color=0000FF] Coburn, PA Hemlock Acres CG[/color]
2001 [color=0000FF]Henrietta, PA, Henrietta F&G Club[/color]
2002 [color=0000FF] Coburn, PA Hemlock Acres CG[/color]
2003 Coburn, PA, May [?], Hemlock Acres CG
2004 Cedar Run, PA, [May 28-30][?], Petticote Junction CG
2005 Coburn, PA, May 20-22, Hemlock Acres CG
2006 Coburn, PA, June 2-4, Hemlock Acres CG
2007 Gaines, PA, June 1-3,
2008 Coburn, PA, May 16-18, Hemlock Acres CG
2009 Coburn, PA, May [15-17][?], Hemlock Acres CG
2010 Coburn, PA, May [21-23][?], Hemlock Acres CG

Jack, I eliminated the 1998 date. the first was definitely 1999. I was commuting to York and remember making the trip and returning to Pittsburgh. I did commute to York in 1998 but not until August.

Thanks, Maurice. Any help on the dates in question and on the one's you confirmed? Anyone? Bueller?

Cant you guys come up with a better name than Jamboree?

GlockMan wrote:
Cant you guys come up with a better name than Jamboree?

What have you come up with so far? :p

Boyer

Paflyfish Shindig :lol:

We could call it "The PAFF Wild Trout Fry". :-D

Boyer

I think it's reached a point where it's going to be the jamboree pretty much for good. I'm cool with it, and it's easy enough to just call it the jam.

Just sounds like something cub scouts go on

Glock,

Are you trollin or what :lol:

Well I've only gone for 1 year so far, and 2009 looks good to me lol.

The Jamboree is still cool as a name with me. There's more to it than just a name :-D

Also be neat to see if some of you vets out there can pull together some old pics from the JAM's that might not be on this site.

It doesn't sound childish. It sounds hillbillyish, and der ain't nutin wrong wit dat. And scouts wouldn't have alcohol!

The FFP board used to have "summits", which sounded too political. I think jamboree is fine and see no reason to change.

For the record, last year was my first jam.

I think part of the allure of the jam is that it is much more fun than the name implies, to me at least.

No not trolling. I can just imagine that I tell my friends that I am going to a Jamboree that they will fall on the floor laughing. I don't have a suggestion for a new name, just floating ideas out there.

GlockMan wrote:
No not trolling. I can just imagine that I tell my friends that I am going to a Jamboree that they will fall on the floor laughing. I don't have a suggestion for a new name, just floating ideas out there.

Just tell them it's a "jam". After all, we'll have guitars there. ;-)

Boyer

:lol:

All of my non-fishing friends already fall on the floor laughing when I tell them that I am burning a week's vacation to go to central PA to fish.

It is a funny name, but I think it works well.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Paflyfish Shindig :lol:

PA Flyfishing Spot Burning Convention?

Hootenanny?

Soiree?

No?

Jam it is.

We could always have a cakewalk this year, instead.

Well if it embarasses you in front of your friends, then just tell them a bunch of people are gathering in central PA to fish, drink, and carry on. If that doesn't work, get new friends.

Jay, my non-fishing friends do the same. But I laugh at them when they burn a week's vacation for the likes of wine tasting, golfing, etc. A vacation should be used for what we enjoy doing most, which is different for all of us. The ones I feel bad about are when I burn a day for a wedding or to get work done around the house. You know, when you'd rather be at work....

Back