PAFF Jamboree History

I believe it was at Hemlock in 2001. I have emails from that year in which I was giving Padraic and Paul a lot of information about Hemlock acres specifically. I am still trying to figure out if I made it. I have emails saying I would not make it, but I think I did. On 2002, based on email I have, I have a high degree of confidence that it was held on May 17, 18, 19. I have email from the 14th where folks discussing changing the date due to high water but I don't think that happened and the replies are all running in the direction of "let's go ahead"

I found the sign-in sheet for 2010 and have these names:

Heritage-Angler, JakesLeakyWaders, pcray1231, tocar, Ken Steel, cdsteel, PaulG, JasonS, surveyor06, trowpa, JF_, bikerfish, MattBoyer, Shakey, TomGamber, Stevie-B, JRCLL, groove790, Skybay, Mariner, ryguyfi, atlantisboy911, MotoLappa, flynhunt, lestrout, afishinado, fredrick, JayL, JackM, Maurice, Jim, lazy_banker, millertime, **** Lbah, BobPlum.

I wonder what happened to a few of these guys, especially Jeff F.

When I was younger, he (among others) and I used to spar over some of the elements of fly-fishing. I must admit that I miss his perspective about some things.

I also miss Ranger Keen. I liked his "voice" regarding many things.

(I guess this doesn't have anything to do with jamborees, though, and isn't intended to hijack this thread.)

Dear Jack,

My best recollection was meeting everyone for Jeff and Shelby's wedding at Ingleby on Penns Creek. I have to be honest and admit that I really don't recall the year of that but I think it was the precursor to what became the Jamboree.

We gathered on the creek for the wedding as performed by Chaz, and retired to Jeff F's family cabin along Penns Creek in Weikert for a reception dinner and some drinking.

I know Paul G was there because I was there with my dog Sidney.
Jeff F's brother or cousin, I forget exactly, cooked rib eye steaks for everyone who was there at the cabin.

After everyone was served the cook made his own steak and set it down on a plate on a cooler directly in front of Paul G. My Sidney ate that steak in one bite, and Paul G. looked at me and winked, and looked at Sid and said, "I saw that coming, good dog!"

Thank you "rrt" for resurrecting this thread. It made me think of Paul G. He was a good dude, and a fun guy to fish with. In later years I managed to make a trip or two to State College with him to fish Spring Creek, and we often crossed paths on Clark's Creek where we frequently fished with Padraic and Tim B.

Thanks for the opportunity to reminisce.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Jack...I was there the year you brought your daughter up. Went on a road trip to fishing creek with Farmer Dave and Gulf Greyhound.

chromid wrote:
Jack...I was there the year you brought your daughter up. Went on a road trip to fishing creek with Farmer Dave and Gulf Greyhound.

I remember meeting Jack's daughter. A fine young lady. Someone must have really had it in for Jack. But I do not remember fishing Fishing Creek, so clearly fishing creek was not as memorable as Jack's daughter.;-)

2010 was my first year according to jacks timeline. I couldn't remember myself. I liked reading through this thread, some old names that we don't hear from anymore, some good memories came back to my mind.

A photo from the wedding at the 1st Jam.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 6
JF_ wrote:
A photo from the wedding at the 1st Jam.

Dear JF,

Thanks for the picture John. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back