not just a swap, a royal MF of a swap.

Can not decide if Voltron or Thundercats was my Favorite cartoon, when I was a kid.

You liked Jem because she was outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

gfen wrote:
And a couple of you are just gonna have to meet me stream side, you know who you are.

Given that you don't have my address I fear I am among these, yet I remind you of my bailing a certain person or two out of not paying for postage in their last swap. Send me my flies. I should not be held hostage to have to fish gator/zombie land with you.

A certain person, perhaps. The other one ain't my concern.

But yeah, don't worry. More details when I get to that phase, which again should eb conclusion of weekend.

My wife sent return envelope and postage, no?

And you;re very lucky to have her. Buy her something nice, tell her its from the people who let you hang out with them because we're not sure why she puts up with it, but she deserves a reward.

There were two, jdaddy and someone else who specifically told me he'd catch up with me. Man, guilty SOBs.

ALL NON-MODERATOR FLIES HAVE SHIPPED.

Well, except jdaddy, who I still need an address from and LittleLehigh who commented I'd have to meet him on the stream. You guys should touch in with me and we'll arrange the method YOU feel happiest with.

Received my flies today, all very nice!

I may have petered one of your flies.

edit: holy carp, though, that was fast. i dropped them off yesterday afternoon. wow.

I just got my flies today too. The pictures, although good, do not do them justice. They are all great ties!!

My flies arrived today. I agree that they are all fantastic ties! Thanks for hosting a great swap Gfen.
Mike.

Got mine today. I like frequent tyer's idea of a note card

Got my flies today as well, all of them look killer!

Hey fellers,

gfen shared a bag of flys with me from the swap, Awesome. Thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate them greatly.

Maurice

gfen,

Can you post the link to ur flickr-thinger with the pics?

wsender wrote:
gfen,

Can you post the link to ur flickr-thinger with the pics?

no.

i don't think i made one? they're all here though.

Did you tie that Royal Coachmen? If so, would you post a recipe or would any that's available suffice?

wsender wrote:
Did you tie that Royal Coachmen? If so, would you post a recipe or would any that's available suffice?

Way to pick out the only one that came from Sri Lanka, duder.

Thread: White body, black head.
Tail: Golden Pheasant Tippet
Body: 2-3 peacock herls, scarlet floss midsection.
Hackle: Coachman Brown.
Wing: Duck quill slips.

Ideally, you tie the body with white thread because when the floss gets saturated, it will become translucent and let the colour of the thread show through. If you use black thread, the scarlet midsection won't be as vibrant. You can change thread colour when you tie off the body and tie on the hackle, or for just the head.

Erhm, I meant the wet on we got in the swap...

There were five. Need more data.

The biot wing was Shakey, the hen wing was whheff, the glassbead was brookiebuster, the partridge was goodfortune, and I'm not sure who was the one with two hackles.

I also don't know why I can remember all this.

Back