not just a swap, a royal MF of a swap.

littlelehigh wrote:
I was lookin forward to that parachute RC

Actually, he said humpy, a fly I never tie.

I'm interested!

gfen wrote:
littlelehigh wrote:
I was lookin forward to that parachute RC

Actually, he said humpy, a fly I never tie.

I'm interested!

I was really trying to make it work with a parachute but it just looked weird. It was way too crowded with the hump. I even tried different hump material (moose, elk, deer, and foam). I finally settled on something that looks really great. I think everyone will like it.

A parachute humpy doesn't make much sense unless it's a beetle imitation imo. Attractors like that work because they float high and dry. With a humpy, the generous upright hackle covers all the thread it takes to tie down the hair.

Fredrick wrote:
MEH TL;DR

Remember when I said I tied you a special salty version?
I wasn't kidding...

I didn't have any orange tinsel for the tail, so I figured if I just used some nice green tinsel, it might work. ;)

No, the rest of you are getting some more traditional.

I'll tie a parachute royal Wulff.
Mike.

FrequentTyer wrote:
I'll tie a parachute royal Wulff.
Mike.

YES! I was looking forward to that too. :-D

Since this is a Royal swap, I have pondered some and have decided that a 'Humpy' isn't nearly regal sounding enough. So I will be tying a 'Royal Humphrey'.

That is all

I was thinking today Gfen how about a RC usual. I'll send a pic to your phone later turn it on.

The royal trude
big hoppers and salmon flies if you are heading west-but would use other tail material.

You should all have received an address to send to, if you did not, please contact me.

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/wild-russia-billions-of-mayflies.html

Este cambio era unas gracias de idea imponentes Gary!

Flies are in the mail. I decided to use pheasant tippets for the tail because I just wanted to try them and they seemed more MF royal. I used turkey flats for the post because they are easier and make a nicer fly IMHO. Therefore I took out everything that would have made this a Wulf, so I'm just calling it a royal parachute. I hope y'all like em.

Royal Parachute
Hook: TMC 100 #16
Thread: Black Uni 6/0
Tail: Golden pheasant tippet
Body: Peacock herl and red floss
Hackle: Reddish brown

Received from whheff and littlelehigh thus far.

THus far, Little Lehigh, whheff, gfen, and now Frequenttyer have all their flies in.

That's four out of eleven people total. If you mailed them out, I have yet to see them (as I know Brookiebuster101 said his were going out late last week, IIRC).

Well LaRiSA left mine in a baggie on the poker table the other night. He was supposed to bring them and ship them with his, as I paid for his return shipping for another swap. Sound familiar swap master? Anyway, how about everyone who is NOT going to be at the 2/26 LL thingamabober get their stuff to Jerry. MkaY?

^ Second that motion

I don't know when gfen was going to send them out, but was hoping I could hand deliver my flies at the LL thing. If this is too late, just let me know and I'll mail them.

Wsender just thirded the motion

State of the swap update:

1 gfen. royal coachman streamer. RECEIVED.
2 little lehigh. royal elk hair caddis. RECEIVED.
3 shakey. rc wet, biot wing var. (omgomgomg)
4 wsender. royal [d]humpy[/d] "humphrey."
5 good fortune. partridge-and-royal.
6 brookiebuster101. royal wet, variant.
7 larissabecker. light spruce.
8 flyfishermannj. royal renegade.
9 frequenttyer. royal coachman parachute. RECEIVED.
10 jdaddy. royal heritage pita nymph.
11 whheff. royal coachman wet. RECEIVED.

Originally, I wanted to have them all by the end of the week, but I'd like to rescind that. Three [d]slackers[/d] [d]degenerates[/d] [d]jackholes[/d] [d]stringer brigade[/d] fellow "tyers" have requested they personally hand me the flies on the 26th. That's fine.

Please have yours in the mail so I can have them in hand by that date, so I can handout to those three and the rest of you can have them in the mail that night.

Also, whheff and frequenttyer both included SASEs. We could all learn from that example. Hell knows I could based on the awful way in which I treated FlyFishermanNJ in the first swap I joined. ;-)

Back