No One Screaming...

I fished two small streams over the past four days. Both had more water than I thought they would, and both fished surprisingly well. (Neither caught any of the isolated TStorms over the past couple days either.)

Give it another month. Long term pattern suggests a wet July and August. Lots of TStorms. Think 2018/2019. The fish will make it til then.

View attachment 1641230871View attachment 1641230872View attachment 1641230873View attachment 1641230874
^I think I know where you were. It looks awfully familiar 😉👍

My dogwood tree leaves are starting to look stressed and some are curled up a little. The smoke blowing in from Canada has help block straight sun and kept the temperature in check. Adding a little rain to that would have been nice. Actually see a couple of shower chances in the next 10-14 days 🤞🤞

My dogwood tree leaves are starting to look stressed and some are curled up a little. The smoke blowing in from Canada has help block straight sun and kept the temperature in check. Adding a little rain to that would have been nice. Actually see a couple of shower chances in the next 10-14 days 🤞🤞
the smoke particulates should seed the clouds shouldn’t they?

IDK but some rain would help clean the air
That would be nice but the dewpoint in Harrisburg is 36 degrees. Outside it looks like hazy beach weather but there is no humidity. It's dryer than a popcorn fart here.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

That would be nice but the dewpoint in Harrisburg is 36 degrees. Outside it looks like hazy beach weather but there is no humidity. It's dryer than a popcorn fart here.

Regards,

Wonder if particulate lowering outside temp by shielding from sun partially?

Today's US Drought Monitor update has 65% of the Commonwealth in D1- Moderate Drought. Last update showed 5% in Moderate Drought.

Wonder if particulate lowering outside temp by shielding from sun partially?

Absolutely it is. Pattern change should get us fresh air in the next day or so 🤞.

Don't get me wrong, lack of humidity and overnight lows around 50 are wonderful.

Reactions: CRB
I won't say the words but weather pattern for Sun night to Tuesday looks hopeful!
It does look hopeful. Good moisture to work with. Its also encouraging that weather models suggest " troughing" persists after that system exits the region mid week.

Ok, now I'll start screaming. Lowest flow for this date since 1890 (Susky at Hbg) !?!? No bueno

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609-160959~2.png
    Screenshot_20230609-160959~2.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 18
Ok, now I'll start screaming. Lowest flow for this date since 1890 (Susky at Hbg) !?!? No bueno
You mean the 1 1/2 minute shower we got 30 minutes ago wasn't the drought buster?

Regards,

You mean the 1 1/2 minute shower we got 30 minutes ago wasn't the drought buster?

Regards,

I am seeing the most amount of rain at my house I've seen since that bigger storm in early May. There was an initial wave that didn't last long, maybe a couple minutes, now another shower that is a slow and steady rain for 20 minutes.

I'll take any and every bit.

Got ya. I couldn't remember when. I guess we've had practically no measurable rainfall in May.
Yeah, they said it was the driest May on record for our area. I'm still holding out hope for July and August. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, they said it was the driest May on record for our area. I'm still holding out hope for July ans August. :)
Dear wildtrout,

There was only .19 inches of rain in HBG for May.

It really looked like we would get some of the storms that jifigz spoke about. It was very dark and windy when I was out running errands, but the line of storms literally split in half. One line stayed on the West shore of the river and the other line split towards Pine Grove and Lebanon. We got another round of strong drizzle in my 'hood.

Regards,

It rained here lightly for about 5 minutes yesterday evening.
Hardly enough to wet the ground - and what did evaporated away about 15 minutes later

Back