No One Screaming...

good rain up here today.
Yep, here in SW PA we got a moderate soaking starting about 4PM, Sunday, which lasted for a couple hours. After that, through the night, it picked back up and definitely got a GOOD soaking. Worked for my gardens and the local farmers here for sure... they are totally jonesing for rain.

Need more for the streams but I'll take what we get. Weather Channel just said an inch of rain forecasted for tomorrow afternoon/eve. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: CRB
Nice steady, heavy rain this afternoon here in the Valley Creek area... of course the gauge will spike and drop in all of 30 minutes.. but that is what happens in a paved over watershed.

Our local weather guy said Schuylkill County got 5 in or more in many areas. All You Blue line guys, get on the road quick before it drops

Our local weather guy said Schuylkill County got 5 in or more in many areas. All You Blue line guys, get on the road quick before it drops
Your “local” was correct. Weather info this morning said Saint Clair had 5”. That’s about 1.5 mi upstream on Mill Ck from the Schuylkill at Port Carbon. I think I also heard Tamaqua mentioned for a high amount of rain, which is on the Ltl Schuylkill. Also mentioned was Lebanon for a high total, which means the upper Tully and Upper Quitty probably had good amounts too. I see that Blue Marsh is discharging to the Tully much more than its inflow, so they may be lowering the lake a little to absorb the anticipated increased flow from the upper basin.

Last edited:
Lots of rain lately, and a lot more coming, looks like the next week or so pretty much a repeat of the last week, with storms around every day.

The Valley Creek watershed has had over 6 inches of rain in the past 3 days. The state rainfall map has lots of green around the state and lots of blue in the east.

You watch the ABC27 weather hunks don’t you? Me too.

Different approach than most local weather crews.

Last edited:
Back