Nippers

For most fisherman a $15 pair of nippers probably work fine but if you do a lot of fishing they don't cut it (sorry for the pun). Trust me I wear out the cheap ones and probably have paid more than $100 dollars for nippers over the years. I plan on buying the Abel nippers and hopefully its money well spend. Get tired of buying things twice....

Ron

I can give 2 poops how you spend your money. I almost requested a pair for Christmas last year, then I decided it was just dumb because I would have to lose 60 pair of 99cent ones. I have since lost one pair in that time frame. My guess is I will be dead before that 60 pair come through. 100 for nippers? Lmao crazy

I buy cheap nippers at fly shops, typically for about $6. I have learned over the years to test them at the fly shop. Sometimes they won't cut properly from the get-go. The advantage over nail clippers is the built in point to clear hook eyes. But there is an advantage to buy nail clippers, and that advantage is leverage.

The Abel nippers have a warranty for new blades, so if you've paid $25 for nippers and wore them out or lost them, then the $50 Abel nippers are priced right. However, you have to consider them as a treat. Win a nice scratch off, get a bonus at work, pick one up.

Back