Nicholas Meats coming for Big Fishing Creek’s cold spring water May 4rth Comments(written and in person needed).

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

Get the word out there, the much anticipated proposal on Big Fishing Creek for an ENORMOUS water grab off the sugar valley aquifer is coming before the SRBC for decision. We need people calling the SRBC reminding them of Nicholas Meat’s **** poor track record and that risking BFC’s life blood, cold spring water, is not something that should be entertained.

FEB9D52F 4423 4419 A2F5 351134CEDC7E

I suggest putting a link to the website where this notice can be viewed.

Problem is what i posted was an e-mail to me the link is a little less straight forward on SRBC website

It’s the equivalent of 0.94cfs based on the sum of the numbers presented in item #14 above.

Last edited:
You realize that it’s only about 0.75 cfs don’t you?
1. Nicholas meats dug well 3 without the SRBC even knowing and was caught so how they are hearing a proposal to let them w/d more is beyond me. Do we trust them to limit their w/d? No

2. Thats an initial withdrawal rate, nicholas meats has indicated they plan on needing large increases in the gallons per day in some of the documentation I saw with this proposal a fee years ago.

You realize that it’s only about 0.75cfs don’t you?
If we trust a shady company that has done questionable things and it hurts Fishing Creek, can we rotenone it and try for brook trout?😂

Sometimes I question who exactly you are siding with on these issues. Considering only one facet of the whole picture is myopically fantastical of you.

Last edited:
“Within the same proposal are plans for dramatic expansion of that withdrawal in the next fifteen years. Nicholas Meats indicates the rise of water demand to increase by four times. That’s a daily usage of 700,000 gallons/day, or 255,500,000 gallons/year.”

We can always count on a business enterprise doing what is right for the environment. Just ask the folks in East Palestine, OH. Everything there is just fine.

I was thinking...."Who in the hell is Nicholas Meats? Why is he coming for BFC? Is he doing a seminar or a demonstration?"

If you have any question on what damage well drilling/development can do, look no further than the Cumberland County area. Shameful. Since these meat folks have demonstrated deceptive behavior in the past, I hope they get denied by the geniuses making the rules. They won't because.... 💰💰💰 talks.

Sometimes I question who exactly you are siding with on these issues. Considering only one facet of the whole picture is myopically fantastical of you.
It’s called commenting on the only data that were presented in this thread before I responded. “Enormous” relative to what measure? By the way the 700,000 gpd mentioned later in #9 above is a 1.08 cfs equivalent.

It’s called commenting on the only data that were presented in this thread before I responded. “Enormous” relative to what measure? By the way the 700,000 gpd mentioned later in #9 above is a 1.08 cfs equivalent.
There is this thing called Google or keeping up with what's going on in the watersheds.
This has been going on for years....

Your cfs measure is irrelevant to the threat presented.
Read the link I provided.

255,500,000 gallons/year not enormous i guess, stream already runs underground in some places and we are going to trust nicholas meats to not drain even more than that when they have already been caught violating their max w/d???? Why in gods earth are you trying to trivialize this?? The cfs is irrelevant if their W/D causes sinkholes and more stream to go underground.

And god knows how much nutrients are going into that creek between nicky’s meats and the hatchery. The less we let them w/d the less blood and guts in liquid form they can spray to run downhill into BFC

And god knows how much nutrients are going into that creek between nicky’s meats and the hatchery. The less we let them w/d the less blood and guts in liquid form they can spray to run downhill into BFC
I can't imagine anything positive coming from this situation.

That nice ground up slurry of cow blood, guts with fecal matter inside and other odds and ends that gets liquified and dumped dumped or sprayed anywhere they think people won’t notice. Heres a photo from a local resident of it running down the street.
554767F4 CF4A 4250 AF42 B3F014B9FC92

Back