Newbie Brookie Expedition/Jam?

I'm certainly interested and would love something like this as much or more than any other get togethers outside of the main jam. I hold that June would be optimal from a fishing perspective.

From an availability perspective, I probably can't commit to dates until much closer to the time. And this is probably a bad time frame for me actually. With extensive May plans including, but not limited to, the main jam, I'll have had lots of serious fishing time under my belt in the recent past. And I'll likely be lacking in "domestic points" as a result.

While I'm not encouraging it based on when I'm available, really June is the start of the good period for this sort of thing. These streams rarely suffer from being too warm. Too low can get to be a problem and is more likely the later in the summer you get. But even then you can usually choose the stream wisely and be fine.

I would love to attend this kind of event. I'm in as long if the dates work. June would be best for me because the semester will be over allowing me MUCH more free time. I've never been able to make the main jam because of school and work. Between exams and work commitments May has never been good for me.

I like this idea. Maybe it'd be a Rookie-Friendly Brookie Jam. Personally, I'd rather go NC because I want to see more of it and there are so many nat-repro type streams. Plus I can't be accused of spot burning since I cant even find a gas station up there...

June sounds good to me, but whatever. Sure there's no common availability in people's schedules. Agree with comments above I have had fun trips ons small streams with three guys -- even with Becker and Fox :)

I'd love attend too if my schedule permits. I'm so hooked on brookie fishing that I'm considering an ID change to BrookieGap239. :)

yes two or even three guys can fish a brookie stream, how do you think we get orange juice from florida? one man sleeps while the other man drives, reminds me of a song, Fox this is logistics genius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7r6A6YQdtI

k-bob wrote:
yes two or even three guys can fish a brookie stream, how do you think we get orange juice from florida? one man sleeps while the other man drives, reminds me of a song, Fox this is logistics genius:

I can see it now, the K-Dog-Fox Express. Brookie Fishing made easy. LMAO

So many brookie streams, so little time!

I'd love attend too if my schedule permits. I'm so hooked on brookie fishing that I'm considering an ID change to BrookieGap239. Posted on: Today 9:00

I was thinking BrookieSnob239 :-D

In, date and location pending. If its Pocono area I'm in. If its NC PA I'm out for the same reason I can't attend the main jam.

Kbobb, foxgap and Dog, I'll be staying at my camp that w/e you're all ok to stay there with me.

thanks I hope this event can be worked out.

Chaz wrote:
Kbobb, foxgap and Dog, I'll be staying at my camp that w/e you're all ok to stay there with me.

Okay, I'm now confused because we have a K-bob and a Kbobb. My little brain can't handle this! :roll:

Better two Kbob's then two Sbecker's

SBecker wrote:
Better two Kbob's then two Sbecker's

Or two Foxes. Now that would be alarming!

k-bob wrote:
or a Chazz

Okay this has now gotten bizarre! Perish the thought. :-o

That would so be like the sequel "Grumpier Old Men". :-D

I'll take 2 foxes over any Chaz any time. Trouble is you almost never see a fox along a stream, let alone 2.

Would love to attend a brookie jam. I have never caught a brook trout and its on my goal list for this year.

Would like in on this keep me updated!

I'm a newbie to Fly Fishing and would be really be interested in participating. I live in Bucks County just north of Philly so NC PA or poconos works for me!!!!

I'm a newbie to Fly Fishing and would be really be interested in participating. I live in Bucks County just north of Philly so NC PA or poconos works for me!!!!

Back