Midge swap

Sounds good LRSA, got 16 tied. Will tie the rest when I find out the total participants. I think I will go with 2 different patterns

The date looks good to me. I started tying the disco midge and will probably do an emerger variant as my second fly.
Mike.

I'm gonna have to back out , I have a wet basement issue that has to be dealt with , my tying room is down there and so is all my stuff from my move from Newville , ice fell and broke a basement window right where it dripped.

ill do some midges too after the new year...

What size midges would most be interested in having. The first batch i tied are 20's but the next will be smaller. Is there a more universal size that some would be interested in?

ill tie a small rs2 variant size 18 and a size 22 "v" midge

Cope wrote:
What size midges would most be interested in having. The first batch i tied are 20's but the next will be smaller. Is there a more universal size that some would be interested in?

I like my midges on the small side. I'm tying 22s and 24s and usually fish 18-24. The smaller guys are always dropped off a very visible dry. But that's just personal preference as the bigger midges clearly work.

Well, I tied my first batch of 20 as a chubby zebra midge variant, now im tying some 26's in an emerger.

Don't lose them!!! Their not due until feb. sometime and the host will give mailing instructions after the holidays I believe. You should join in on more swaps, that was pretty impressive.

JH

Mine are done 2 of the same pattern different colors.

Merry Christmas!

OK we have 16 guys, and I think we will keep it at that. The due date for me to receive your flies will be Feb. 5th. Remember we are tying 2 for each person. You will need to send at least 32 flies. It is up to you if you want to tie 2 different patterns or if you want to tie the same pattern in 2 different sizes. Remember when you send the flies to send them in something you do not mind losing. So try not to send me a 70 dollar fly box. Also, send a return envelope with either money or return postage already paid on it. I will be Pming all of you sooner or later with my mailing address. The address I will be giving you has to be sent through U.S mail service. If you try to send it through UPS or Fed ex it will get lost and I will never receive it....Long story. Please either post your Patterns or Pm me with them.

LrsaBecker- Al's Rat, Al's Rat Emerger
Wetflyguy-
FlipnFly-rs2 variant, v midge
Fredrick-
FrequentTyer- Disco Midge, Emerger variant of Disco midge
MrFlyFish-
David-
Flyfishermans-
Skiltonian-
Cope-Chubby Zebra, Emerger (What Kind? Zebra?)
Tigs-
GoodFourtune-
Dubthethorax-
Ant- Olive Pupa, Olive para Dry
Mtnbum-
Gentleshepard-

I will do a Black fly and emerger

wet

My flies are a variant on the John Barr Midge Pupal Larva. In a tan/brown and green/black.

Ok I sent everybody a PM with my address, if I somehow missed you Pm me for it. Here's the update:

Wetflyguy- Black Fly, Emerger
Fredrick-
MrFlyFish-
David-
Flyfishermans-
Skiltonian-
Cope-Chubby Zebra, Emerger (What Kind? Zebra?)
Tigs-
GoodFourtune-
Dubthethorax-
Ant- Olive Pupa, Olive para Dry
Mtnbum-
Gentleshepard- John Barr Midge Pupal Larva 2 diff. colors

Dark Olive Zebra & Root Beer Zebra w/ a cherry on top

Marty the Zebra midge, Pink beadhead size 20
als rat variant size 26

I will tie the PBR, and a flashwing midge of my own design.

I am going to tie Shuttlecock Buzzer a brown and a black.

Received GentleShepards fly's today, your reward is being the first package put in the mail box when I go to mail all of them together. :)

Wetflyguy- Black Fly, Emerger
Fredrick-
MrFlyFish-Shuttlecock Buzzer a brown and a black
David-
Flyfishermans-
Skiltonian-
Cope-Marty the Zebra midge, Pink beadhead size 20, als rat variant size 26
Tigs-
GoodFourtune- PBR, and a flashwing midge