Mentored Youth Fishing Day 3/25

laurelrun

laurelrun

Planning to take my nephew out for the Mentored youth day on the 25th. Unfortunately, the storm delayed the stocking at the location I planned to take him. Any suggestions in South Central or the Lehigh Valley? I know it'll be crowded no matter where we go.

Childrens lake maybe.

While over 25,000 youths participated last year, I have not heard of it being crowded anywhere other than Children's Lake. Many streams and lakes are stocked by that date and the fishing is allowed throughout the day. I live in the Lehigh Valley and have done angler counts on two urban streams on Mentored youth days in the past. There were plenty of unfished stocking points.

Before anyone goes it would be prudent to check the stocking schedule to make sure that the intended water was stocked prior to MYD. The snow produced a number of schedule changes this week.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Mike, that was my experience last year as well. I took him to the children's only section of Clarks Creek which had a nice crowd but plenty of room. He wanted me to fish also so we later went upstream at Clarks and had the place to ourselves. He was hooked!

Snow has pushed back the Clarks stocking. So I am looking for a new site. I am sure we can't go wrong. I will follow the schedules for ideas.

Clarks was stocked before the snow

Back