Loomis Offers New Collection of Fly Rods

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/news/best-fly-fishing-rod-at-icast-2011-117741.aspx

Wonder what the price point on this one will be.

I agree. I thought the article should have included the pricing. Cabelas sells Loomis reels so maybe they will take on the rods.

Cabela's sells loomis rods too.

Why so soon? The nrx was a bust and this new rod will be too. Without Gary Loomis Gloomis sucks!

RowJimmy,
North fork composites...Gary is back on the attack making rods look em up ,i agree with Shiloomis statement ,I am a Big Fan of Gloomis before Shimano takeover, i have three rods after the takeover..9' Gl4 5wt 2pc,a 9' GL4 9wt 2 pc{hell of a Great Lakes Rod for Kings and Steelhead as well as Coho's} and my newest favorite i have had for about fouryears A Metolius Trout Spey 13'4" 5/6 wt .I have 5 other Gloomis rods all GL3's 6'6" 3 wt{trico rod} 2 of these,three 8' GL3 4wt's, that were built by John ruland of JR Kustom rods.I swear a custom rod out casts and fishes better than rods in shops,Nrx was a dud because how the heck do you make a great rod ,supposedly better than the GLX,then charge 700 + and wrap the thing with fairy blue wraps,what a crime,stealth matte with blue fairy wraps.WTH is wrong with Steve Rajeff?
Sorry bout the rant but it will be a while before i ever buy another Gloomis,I am currently looking at a North Fork Composites Blank to build my first flyrod on.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

I've never cast a Loomis that impressed me.

I still consider the gl3 to be the benchmark for mid range fly rods.

Never even seen one that wasn't broken.

I'll bring my 6 (thanks Mariner!) to the DELAWARE JAMBOREE.

oar vs. fly rod = oar wins every time.

Correct.

Flawless victory, actually.

The color scheme of the NRX's didn't bother me...it was the price.

The fact that it flat out does throw line didn't bother you guys?

Best Gloomis for upper Delaware is a 10' 6 wt,that stick throws line and Glx set the bar initially for fast sticks,personally i also enjoy feeling the rod load..thats why i have mostly GL3's.If I only fished the Upper Delaware and their branches it would be that darn Glx though,on big water i prefer a 10'er or a lil longer stick.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

jayL wrote:
I still consider the gl3 to be the benchmark for mid range fly rods.
I agree. I have a 9' 6wt and a 6'6" 3wt. Great rods! Too bad they are no longer manufactured.

RowJimmy wrote:
Why so soon? The nrx was a bust and this new rod will be too. Without Gary Loomis Gloomis sucks!

This rod is not replacing the NRX, rather it's a mid-price point rod using similar blank technology. See Hydros/Helios.

Price? I am guessing tree fiddy on average with fiddy swong either way on price based upon size/weight.

Back