Looking for new Rod Need Help

I

IdratherbePhishing

Hello, Ive been looking to take on a new rod but have not found what I'm looking for. Im looking for something in the 8 foot range around 3 weight but I just have not found the action I like. I'm looking for ALOT of action when I cast. Everything I've picked up seems really Stiff. Maybe I'm just outta my league and being picky but i wanted to see if anyone had any leads I could look into. Thanks for the help in advance

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
I'm looking for ALOT of action when I cast. Everything I've picked up seems really Stiff.

These guys like full flex. There's also the Redington CT and Orvis Superfines if you want graphite. I haven't tried the CT, only read reports, and I have the last gen Superfine which is a phenomenal feeling rod.

Sweet yea I do own one glass rod already but I'll have to break it back out and see what its like. Ill definitely take a look into the two you mentioned thanks

also your talking about the redington Classic Trout correct?

Yes, I am. As I said, I haven't ever tried one, but most people who have are big fans, and there is an 8' or 8'6" 3wt, IIRC. But, if you want slow, try a fiberglass or bamboo rod.

yea ive been looking around to find a cheap boo rod but just havent come across it yet.

Hey, Dauphin is pretty small so I can't be more than a mile from ya. I've got a 7'9" and 8'6" 3 weights. You're more than welcome to cast them to see if they are similar action to what you are searching for.

I'm thinking you might like a Echo Carbon, Sage LL, Redington CT or RF2, Ross FC

Redington CT is great slow action rod for the price, its not on the same level as the superfines but it cost something like $300 less which is a pretty good jump in price. For the price though the CT is a nice pole.

yea ive been looking around to find a cheap boo rod but just havent come across it yet.

Honestly, I don't see the real appeal in bamboo rods, regardless of my recent purchases. I haven't fished with a high quality one, but I had a low cost, modern, Chinese production and it was nice, but frankly I found myself with an unreasonable fear of smashing it constantly.

RowChimmy, where in this area has the CTs in stock? I'd like to try one out just to feel it.

Dunklebergers might have them.

gfen wrote:

Honestly, I don't see the real appeal in bamboo rods, regardless of my recent purchases. I haven't fished with a high quality one, but I had a low cost, modern, Chinese production and it was nice, but frankly I found myself with an unreasonable fear of smashing it constantly.

RowChimmy, where in this area has the CTs in stock? I'd like to try one out just to feel it.

I've fished bamboo rods for decades, slinging streamers, heavily weighted nymphs, as well as dry flies. They are stronger than you think. And the rods I have are worth some bucks. That never stopped me from using them (no I'm not well-off). And none of them have a "set".

outsider wrote:
I've fished bamboo rods for decades, slinging streamers, heavily weighted nymphs, as well as dry flies. They are stronger than you think. And the rods I have are worth some bucks. That never stopped me from using them (no I'm not well-off). And none of them have a "set".

gfen wrote:
I found myself with an unreasonable fear of smashing it constantly.

I noted it was unreasonable, but it was had none the less. My cheapie rod has a $100 repair garuntee, I admit I don't know if that's expensive or not, but it was on my mind with every toss.

Some guys don't have that issue. You are among them. We all have our issues.

Krayfish yea it cant be that far that you live from me. I live in town by the Lions Club building. Ive fished with alot of different bigger rods but they just all seemed super stiff. I would be happy to give them a try sometime. Hell anytime you want to fish just let me know or I'll pm you my number and we can go to either Stony or Clarks. I actually think I might already know who you are MAYBE.

As for the rest thanks for the input. I'm going to try and find a redington dealer in the area although as of now I do not know of any. Gander mountain has some but the selection is not great. And I have not seen the superfine anywhere either. So ill have to check both out

If you've ever seen the tan Honda Element driving around with the dog hanging out the window.... that's me. I live up by the swimming pool.

You can cast them right there above Stony Bar. You won't even need waders if we to it up by the sharp bend. Just have to wait for a clear spot in traffic before ripping a backcast. LOL.

krayfish wrote:
If you've ever seen the tan Honda Element driving around with the dog hanging out the window.... that's me. I live up by the swimming pool.

Wait. You are suggesting your vehicle is TAN?

I know you have plenty of medical mishaps. Is color blindness one of them?

jdaddy wrote:
Wait. You are suggesting your vehicle is TAN?
I know you have plenty of medical mishaps. Is color blindness one of them?

IIRC, he's Satin Silver Metallic. Cargo Khaki came in 2005 only.

Yes, I had to look up the dates. No, I really did know the official names.

Actually, it's the color of road grime. The color on the sticker from the dealer read "sandstone". What color would you call it? BTW, I'm the one driving.... dog rides shotgun.

krayfish wrote:
Actually, it's the color of road grime. The color on the sticker from the dealer read "sandstone". What color would you call it? BTW, I'm the one driving.... dog rides shotgun.

Someone lied to you, no such colour.

edit: There is, however, "Shoreline Mist Metallic." 2003 only. Its why I think its silver, but its not. It ain't no sandstone, though.

there it is....

What a fine ride. LMAO

Attachments

• pimp wagon.JPG
    pimp wagon.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 3
Back