ll bean quest 2 or streamlight ultra

Keppenbill

Keppenbill

mostly fishing dry flies is it worth the extra 30 dollars they both seem nice

Buy the one that feels best and meets your budget. If you like the more expensive one, and the $30 won't kill you, then go for it.

Keppenbill wrote:
mostly fishing dry flies is it worth the extra 30 dollars they both seem nice

Absolutely go with the Ultra. The hardware is MUCH nicer...

You DO know there is no risk for deciding either way? Gotta love that guarantee!

I so want to be a jerk and bring back a fly line that was used once, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I posted this because you're about to say, "just do it, no one cares."

gfen wrote:
I posted this because you're about to say, "just do it, no one cares."

Just do it, because they DO care. I stopped in this morning, and they have a bunch of lines discounted a good amount. I'd have gone ballistic on them, but my discount doesn't apply to sale or clearance items. :cry:

They had goretex wading jackets marked down to $120, and I saw wading boots discounted, too. Of course, I got a 10% off "in store" items coupon via email AFTER I got home. :roll:

so i can get the quest if i dont like it take it back and pay the diffrence for the ultra

Keppenbill wrote:
so i can get the quest if i dont like it take it back and pay the diffrence for the ultra

Yes. They'll let you take them out to the pond to test cast them. There's lots of bluegills in the drainage canal alongside the pond. ;-)

I like my Ultra. No complaints.

Back