Landing net with waist pack?

Deuterium

Deuterium

I have switched from a vest to a waist pack, but I am trying to figure out where to put a landing net. Tucked in the belt in the back is in the way when the pack is spun to access the compartments. Hung from the belt when wading and walking tangles lines or catches branches on the trail. How have others solved this problem?

I wear a back belt for 2 good reasons:

1. I have a bad back!...;)

2. It is great for wedging my landing net down in it - in fact, the long handled net I use actually provides splint-type support to my back and doesn't get in the way at all...

Just my 2 cents. Tight Lines

If you are interested in this technique (PM me) I have a strong recommendation on a back belt with built in loops to hold the net, however, I will not post it here in fear of persecution....

I hang mine off the belt of waist pack

It is annoying and does get caught/hung sometimes.

I forgot the name but there is a net made in Pa. that fits into a holster that goes on the belt- once you learn how to use it you will never be with out one-land up to ten pounders but the trick is to keep the net at 45deg. angle,not ninety-never collapse.
It has a metal frame-so it folds-into a 4 inch loop-had two,lasted me for thirty years-landed thousands of Montana trout with them-put the holster upside down and cross draw and easy to get to,never snags.Only thing I have ever shilled for-lol
Really a great net-ONCE you learn how it works-lol

I use a Brodin quick release clasp w/ a ring snapped to the top of the hoop. Net hangs handle down to reduce tangles, easy to lash it crossways across the pack/bag to keep it out of the way when hiking to & from.

tomitrout wrote:
I use a Brodin quick release clasp w/ a ring snapped to the top of the hoop. Net hangs handle down to reduce tangles, easy to lash it crossways across the pack/bag to keep it out of the way when hiking to & from.

I don't know why, but for some reason I just couldn't trust that Brodin quick release clasp. I know they say it's an engineering marvel, but the metal seems so thin.

Wait. I read that again. You put an aftermarket ring around the top of the hoop and took the quick release clasp from the handle and attached it to the snap? That's not a bad idea.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I will look into them.

I just stuff mine in the waistband around back, as the OP mentioned. It isn't the best, but it beats anything involving hanging, I've found.

j; it's actually something totally different than what they have on their site....looked and couldn't find it last eve. I've had the thing for 15+yrs, not sure if it's even made anymore.

DSCN2014-XL.jpg

came with a snapped nylon strap with a brass ring that goes on top of the hoop, this is the best shot I have of the setup without getting the net out of the car...squint and you can just see it.
IMGP0217-L.jpg

Ya that's the one that they try to defend replacing with the new clasp. Old one was a lot better.

Back