KUDOS ...Mossy Creek Fly Shop...HarrisonburgVA

BruceC2C

BruceC2C

Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
Just wanted to pass on a truly great experience I recently had Mossy Creek Fly Shop, Harrisonburg, VA.

Previously, I had never visited this shop.
3 years ago, bought a reel from them, online.
Supplemented with very positive customer service reply to my request regarding shipping detail.

I was returning from a roadtrip on I 81, with no agenda. Suddenly occurred to me, I would make a visit, late afternoon.

The location & parking was convenient.
Less than 5 minutes, off I 81.
Straight shot. No turns. EASY ACCESS.

The staff of 5 was busy prepping, packing & loading for the
The Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival.

The Appearance, inventory, layout and vibe of the shop is OUTSTANDING !!!

Even tho the staff was immersed in show prep..., to a man, they were available, personable, and truly made by visit EXCELLENT.!!

They mentioned that "pre covid" they Host REALLY impressive annual event with Primo Guests like George Daniel, Kelly Galloup and others.

Closing with hearty 3 thumbs up and TYVM to Mossy Creek Fly Shop, Ownership & Staff !!!🍻

( also discovered "local/regional"
WSIG 96.9 FM station with STANDOUT mix of classic country music , so good I didn't mind listening to the commercials)

Pretty F_ing GREAT trip!!

They are my go to shop. Love the service. Good guide service too. Wanna take a smallie float trip with them. Have done trout fishing with them a bunch of times. Good, young owners.

I bought a reel from them. Straight forward , good service. A friend used them for guide service when he was travelling through. Said it was really good and he has fished all over.

Glad you enjoyed your time there. The owners, Colby and Brian Trowe, are top notch, as are all their staff. I live in PA, but my office is 1/4 mi from their shop. As good as their shop is, I think their guiding is even better. The area that they are in is loaded with native streams for trout, along with bass on the Shenandoah. Truly a special area for fishing supported by a top notch shop.

My daughter went to school down there so I carved out time to visit the shop on a lot of visits. I still buy from them online and they've been excellent to work with.

Back