Korkers w/Klinger on soles

flipnfly

flipnfly

Just curious about them. I've had some Simms freestone. And refuse to get another pair they are so jacked up.... And only 2 years old
Anyways Any pro and cons with the soles coming off or tearing?
Or comfort issues
And how's that boa lacing system hold up?

I love the devils canyon boot, the boa system is fantastic, three pairs of korkers and not a single issue.The studs grip great especially on the studded rubber but the studded vibram works well too. The studs have come out for me though (just like every other brand i have ever owned ) their customer service has been awesome about replacing them if the studs go. I think the north branch of thr Potomac is just brutal on studs.

I'm happy with my korkers. The studded soles work well. I've had my pair for 3 years and there still ok.
I've done a lot of walking in mine.
I had one of the click on sole come apart and had to replace them after 2 years. I could have glued it back on but it was just easier for me to just buy a new pair of soles and click them on. But it was a lot cheaper than buying a new pair of boots.
And I'm happy with how light they are on my feet.

Good to hear. I just got a pair of kgb korkers at field and stream. In erie for under 75$ 74.93 to be exact!

I have the Redsides. The soles are nice. My felt eventually separated from the sole on my left boot. I reattached it with glue and wired some loops in it. The wire is not noticeable and I feel like it will hold much better than the factory glue. I also just reglued where the leather and fabric meets the top part of the sole on the actual boot. It was starting to separate. Keep in mind that these boots have been through hell and back and will be three years old in February. I will be buying another pair of korkers because the interchangeable soles are exactly what I need. I use the felt for my home stream that I fish regularly, here in PA, and put on the studded rubber when I fish in Maryland (no felt).

Question, Do the soles fit all the other boot styles that Korker makes?

I don't know but would imagine so. As long as they are the same size?

bigslackwater wrote:
Question, Do the soles fit all the other boot styles that Korker makes?

Yes, that is correct, one sole for all their boots. And as flipnfly mentions, You just have to buy the correct size for your boot.

I have a pair of White Horse Korkers, great boots and the interchangeably soles are a big plus. Boa system is a big help at my age. Studs are a must. GG

I got the Alumatrax sole from Penns Creek Angler this week at a discount. I've never felt so secure wading those slimy boulders on Penns.
I wasn't happy with the studded felt soles as they are not the same felt or stud that Korker previously put on their boot before switching to the replaceable sole type. The old style studs never wore and the felt was much thicker. I wore down the studs and felt on my replaceable sole rather quickly.

I got the Korkers Buckskins and 3 sets of soles about a month ago. So far, so good. The sole attachment system is pretty clever and seems durable so far at any rate. We'll see... I'm tough on equipment; heavy use and indifferent maintenance. If I can get 3 years out of them, I'll be happy.

One thing I noticed right away is that even though I bought a full size up from my street shoe size, the fit is a little snug. This is especially true with my backup waist highs that I do quite a bit of brush busting in and then just keep patching to keep the leakage under a pint a day or so. Then again, I probably have a half inch of Goop, Aquaseal and that plastic dip stuff on the neoprene booties. It probably isn't any wonder they are a snug fit with the new shoes...

dano wrote:
I got the Alumatrax sole from Penns Creek Angler this week at a discount. I've never felt so secure wading those slimy boulders on Penns.
I wasn't happy with the studded felt soles as they are not the same felt or stud that Korker previously put on their boot before switching to the replaceable sole type. The old style studs never wore and the felt was much thicker. I wore down the studs and felt on my replaceable sole rather quickly.

Update:
The edges of those aluminum bars on my Alumatrax soles have already lost thier edge and I was sliding around quite a bit while fishing the Kinzua tailwaters this morning. Mainly had problems with the lack of side-bight while crossing/fishing the river in heavy current.

soles are interchangeable with all styles of korkers. I have and have sold korkers here. love em. they make a nasty pair of soles for winter that are like ice climbers.

I'm currently shopping for replacement soles for my Korkers. I have the double hauls and love the boots, my felt soles are pretty much worn out. I think I'm finished with felt as most of the waters I fish have sand and mud along the banks and the felt just gets messed up quite quickly. I have recently cleaned them almost to new white but there must not be enough of the felt fibers left, I am slipping and sliding far too much.

I'm torn between the Kling-On soles with the 13 "low profile" studs, or the Kling-On with 26 carbide-tipped studs.

I do a lot of bushwacking and hiking. I fish rivers and streams in all sorts of conditions, slippery rocks, fast water. I guess what I'm asking is are the low profile studs going to give me the grip I need on the Lehigh and Lackawaxen Rivers.

I do have a pair of strap on cleats that are basically for ice fishing but I have used them in rivers. They are a bit clumsy but they do the job.

I own Simms Freestones and love them. 3rd year in them and no issues at all.

Only thing I could say about the Korkers is I found one of the soles laying on a trail a few weeks ago that either came off someones boot or dropped out of their pack. Hung it on a tree limb along the trail in case they went looking for it.

henrydavid wrote:
I'm currently shopping for replacement soles for my Korkers. I have the double hauls and love the boots, my felt soles are pretty much worn out. I think I'm finished with felt as most of the waters I fish have sand and mud along the banks and the felt just gets messed up quite quickly. I have recently cleaned them almost to new white but there must not be enough of the felt fibers left, I am slipping and sliding far too much.

I'm torn between the Kling-On soles with the 13 "low profile" studs, or the Kling-On with 26 carbide-tipped studs.

I do a lot of bushwacking and hiking. I fish rivers and streams in all sorts of conditions, slippery rocks, fast water. I guess what I'm asking is are the low profile studs going to give me the grip I need on the Lehigh and Lackawaxen Rivers.

I do have a pair of strap on cleats that are basically for ice fishing but I have used them in rivers. They are a bit clumsy but they do the job.

I use the Kling-On soles with the 13 "low profile" studs and have had no problems with slipping, wading or walking trails.

Back