It's Time

I might head Dow tonight and get a night trip in. NNW winds 5 to 10 chance of scattered showers. Couldn't ask for better condition.

baits around but the runs havn't really started yet. soon...need full moon and all hell will break loose..

most fish caught are just local fish chasin the bait thats gathering...

when the moons full and we get strong running tides you'll se some heavy action then..done it for more than 40 years now..

I'm hearing the best action is closest to dawn out front and late night in back. Moon is filling up, and the fish activity should build until the moon wanes.

Water temps are down into the 60s now - many good reports of strong bluefish action on both bait and lures along the mid NJ coast.
Good luck guys if you head out. Let us know how you made out.

i was down in delaware off of cape henlopen last weekend. only baitfishing for blues. smaller things and they kept biting through the mono setups which were the only hooks small enough for them. nothing out of the surf but they were there

First keeper of the year. Got 3 tonight and countless blues. Bass went from 18 to 29 inches. Blues 12 to 18 and one last keeper fluke for the season. Two of the bass and most of the blues were caught on fly. The 29 inches was on a swimshad. Weather was sh*tty to say the least. But in the back it was fine. Can't wait till so sizable fish start to show in numbers.
Good luck tomorrow.

I hit IBSP today from about 2-530 caught plenty of 20" bluefish best producing fly was a BMG in all white . Also I think this will be my last time entering the park now since they are charging ten bucs for out of state visitors ...... That is all
'

Fredrick wrote:
I hit IBSP today from about 2-530 caught plenty of 20" bluefish best producing fly was a BMG in all white . Also I think this will be my last time entering the park now since they are charging ten bucs for out of state visitors ...... That is all
'

Didn't blow through your swap flies did ya?!

Sounds like a good day...I gotta connect with some respectable saltwater fish soon.

Flies should be in the mail on mon unless I run out of light cured acrylic for the anchovies

It gonna happen soon as this water gets cooler. I think we are still in the 70 but the moon is full. If anyone wants to hit the surf give me a shout.

Marc

I was out yesterday morning. Fish, but no keepers. Water was beautiful.

Thxs for responding to my PM BTW

fredrick,
you know you can walk in from the beach before the gate. its a good area to fish too. have walked up to 2 miles years ago along there and caught bass, weaks, blues and albies. good water in the area.

Oh for God's sake, Frederick. I'm sorry. I didn't get an email notifying me, and I just looked up to see I have a (1) in my inbox. My bad. I'll PM back with my phone #, so I don't botch it again.

C'mon Midge, Surf doesn't have time to fool around with rookies tangling and dangling and messing up his fishin'.... :oops:

Fished all last week in the inlets and surf at Ocean City, NJ. Loads of blues around...9-15 inches. Did not hear of or see anything longer than 18 inches. Plenty of spot in the wash of the surf and occasional kingfish. Stripers, some legal, are around, but not numerous. Hitting at night and first light.

Weather is gonna cool down this weekend hopefully so will the water.

Not much action going on last weekend for me. I had the kayak out on the bayside in horseshoe cove. Smaller blues.

Back