huntin 4 a Ross Canyon #3

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ross-Canyon-BG-3-Reel-/190559033719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5e341977

Kray,
thnx I have it on my watch list,

Kray,
Thanks for your help ,I just scored a #3 canyon with extra spool for $225.00 including shipping from another forum I am a member of.
This will go on my Trout Spey, reel i have now is a Teton Tioga Magnum LA #10, and its a lil big as far as I am concerned.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Lonewolve wrote:
I just scored a #3 canyon with extra spool for $225.00 including shipping from another forum I am a member of.
This will go on my Trout Spey

Hey Rick, what rod are you using for a trout spey? I definitely don't "need" one of these, but I always have my eyes open. Just curious.

Turkey,
I have been using the Trout Spey for 4 years as of this spring{2011}, It is the one of two rods i bring to Maine, the other being a Walton Powell Hexagraph i picked up years ago at Cold Spring Anglers {Herb& Kathy Weigl}.
The rod is a Gloomis StreamDance Metolius Trout Spey 13'4" 5/6 weight 3 pc.I use a Rio Windcutter Spey Floater 5/6 and also another Rio Windcutter Spey Floater 4/5 . It gets taped religiously no ifs ,ands, or buts.I use a 13'-16' leader.I have caught Landlocks to 5 pounds and some pretty big Brook trout too.
Back home here in Pennsylvania It gets used on The Mighty Lehigh River and has handled a few very large browns and a few bows pushing 12 pounds on streamers and soft hackles.I also use it on the Delaware both locally In Easton as well as up on the Upper Delaware from Junction pool to Callicoon.Delaware and Lehigh fish fight hard.I have not checked out the Erie Tribs yet but if i get a Buck early this year I have plans of spending a few days out there ,my cabin is 2 hrs away tops.
I wouldn't think twice about using this rod on Cattaraugurus Creek in NY, There are places you can reach out and see if someone is home,also the Genesee in Rochester too would probably be ok after the Salmon are gone.The Niagara calls for a longer heavier rod, have fished there with single hander and its just not enough gun for where you can cast and fish fromlet alone the current when you do get a hookup.BTW i like your fly Turkey ,use some zap a gap on the floss or some 5 minute epoxy to there is a trick to keepin a floss body under control . i should do a step by step. any how any more questions let me know.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Back