Holiday Swap 2011

Is anyone photographing this swap?

I may give this a try this weekend.

JH

wsender wrote:

I'll post em on the blog when I get mine

Have the flys been sent out yet? I just found out that the postal rates are going up on Monday.

Have the flys been sent out yet? I just found out that the postal rates are going up on Monday.

Dropping the ones in the box this morning that followed the guidelines, need to go to the post office Monday or Tuesday for the others.

JH

Slight change of plans, decided not to drop them off this morning and will go to the Post Office tomorrow on my lunch break and make sure the there is enough postage on all of them first. Damn postage hike!

JH

All flies are in the mail!! Glad I waited to go to the Post Office and didn't just drop them in the box. Had to donate a couple of bucks to the cause, but the hike and new regs will make swaps easier in the future. Those of you who use fly boxs will be paying a lot more, so I recommend the good ole Altoid can. Small fly boxes cost about $.40 more and the Altoid can stays under the 3 oz limit and you just pay the $1.95 parcel rate.

JH

Got mine already today! They all look great. Some really good ties there. Thanks to everyone who took part. Thanks flyfishermanj for picking up the extra postage as well. You're a good guy!

I just got mine too! Thanks for covering the extra cost. I will make it up on the next swap. I have been using that Altoids can for quite a few swaps but I didn't know it was cheaper.
Nice flies guys!!

Received mine today and all of them look good. Thanks for running it!

Mine came in today too. Great ties everyone! Thanks Flyfishermanj for another great swap!
Mike.

Thanks very much - nice ties

Not sure if anyone posted images of the flies, but I put an image up today of the flies on my blog Holiday Fly Swap 2011.

mine have yet to make it to their new home

That's because we did not tie any for you :). Possibly my mail man transferred locations.

well my bh soft hackles were received

well my bh soft hackles were received

Yes, I did receive them, cause my wife handed them to me yesterday!! I opened them and left them on the computer desk and it got caught up in the pile with the rest of the mail. I will be PM'ing those of you who took part in the swap and will mail you the missing fly. Sorry for the mishap.

JH

Is your wife my mail lady? ;-)

Back