Hands Off Fish

Xanax required before viewing the attached photos (not mine).

I like when troot are pre-breaded with the streamside sand and grit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205-100842~3.png
    Screenshot_20221205-100842~3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20221205-140024.png
    Screenshot_20221205-140024.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
How many fish pics of fish do you really need? And who wants to see them? I see guys taking pics, measuring and weighing fish. WTF? Take photos of family and friends. that's the ones you will cherish in years to com

Swam away just fine....

I pose holding the rod and put the fish in my teeth. Duck lips are important if you're going to put it on the gram. Let's face it, the rod and you are the real star.
For the win, I'm going to need this picture!

Yea their work, i got a 75 gal I’m in process of setting up
That's bigger than any of my current tanks. Largest is a 45 Tall. Then I have a 30 gallon (so put them together, I guess!) and two 10s upstairs, one a guppy breeding tank, the other is my daughters' aquarium with a few neons and betta. All planted.

First Chub of the year.... done. I have to make sure I have somebody along to snap the photo 😁

Dorsal goes in the mouth to avoid chub dump which is almost guaranteed.

I can't stop imagining that picture on the cover of fly fisherman magazine!

Oh, it's happening. I have too much time and a different brain 🤣. Hope it turns out well on the first take. Don't want to have to keep trying.
Good to be quick about it. You wouldn’t want to hurt a native Fallfish.

Good to be quick about it. You wouldn’t want to hurt a native Fallfish.
Not worried about hurting the fish because I'll be gentle. I'm worried about catching a deuce right in the chops. Do you know how chubs roll. 😳

Concerned that we have good lighting on my face and on the rod blank so everyone can see what I used to catch that beautiful chub

If you really want to protect fish and ensure their survival, don‘t try to catch them.

Couldn't agree more. We're worried about handling fish for a picture, but are willing to look past the fact that we just impaled it with a sharpened piece of steel and drug it through its natural habitat, purely for our enjoyment. I'm not saying some care shouldn't be exercised in the handling of fish for pictures, but let's take a step back and look at the bigger picture...

Not a hero shot but destined for the cover of CU Magazine:

Chubsy Wubsey

And I didn't even take him out of the water to retrieve my foam beetle which is still sitting in his mouth. ;)

wgmiller, I couldnt agree more. Obviously the goal is to not hurt the fish, but come on, some of this stuff gets crazy. The fish are WAY more tough than they get credit for being anyways. There is way too many Karen's on the net these days telling people how to do everything when it comes to fishing.

I never post fish pics anyways, but i like to take some for self/family of certain fish.

It does add some texture to some otherwise tasteless, stockie flesh. So there's that.

Couldn't agree more. We're worried about handling fish for a picture, but are willing to look past the fact that we just impaled it with a sharpened piece of steel and drug it through its natural habitat, purely for our enjoyment. I'm not saying some care shouldn't be exercised in the handling of fish for pictures, but let's take a step back and look at the bigger picture...
Thanks, now I'm gonna have high anxiety everytime I catch a fish.

Not worried about hurting the fish because I'll be gentle. I'm worried about catching a deuce right in the chops. Do you know how chubs roll. 😳

Concerned that we have good lighting on my face and on the rod blank so everyone can see what I used to catch that beautiful chub
Make sure they get your best side.

...And wearing a pair of Simms G4Z Waders.
Crap.......................I forgot the waders. After all, one must look as currently fashionable as possible when having one's photo taken to post on social media.

Back