Hands Off Fish

I've had them smash plugs / stickbaits. By smash, I mean they actually broke the lure in half! Landed them on 8 pound spin setup. Don't see why you couldn't get one to eat a big, brightly colored D&D. Just need to get it in their feeding level. Short sink tip all the way to a full sink line would work. All depends on the depth of the water you are fishing. Channels will eat a sparkle minnow, Clouser or a popper pretty regularly. The flatheads are double / triple the size though and feel strong enough to snap a 7wt.

I've had them smash plugs / stickbaits. By smash, I mean they actually broke the lure in half! Landed them on 8 pound spin setup. Don't see why you couldn't get one to eat a big, brightly colored D&D. Just need to get it in their feeding level. Short sink tip all the way to a full sink line would work. All depends on the depth of the water you are fishing. Channels will eat a sparkle minnow, Clouser or a popper pretty regularly. The flatheads are double / triple the size though and feel strong enough to snap a 7wt.
Yea i guess i would basically just use musky flies

I think it just refers to shots of people desperate to keep their angling reputation intact.
I think the fish always just look better in the water than with my ugly mug but not going to act like I don’t have alot with my face in them from over the years when i was with a buddyor somethinf. My favorite are the swim away pics i think.
44EE615E 7EC3 4975 849E 4247034A36BD

I’ve found that a swift blow to the back of the trouts head with a blunt object (rock, knife handle, etc.) will stun the fish sufficiently to enable safe hook removable - with wet hands of course.

I’ve found that a swift blow to the back of the trouts head with a blunt object (rock, knife handle, etc.) will stun the fish sufficiently to enable safe hook removable - with wet hands of course.
Fun fact: if you accidentally touch fish with dry hands and remove the protective slime, you can simply apply butter or bacon fat.

It really bothers me when I see people land a fish and then feel the need to pick it up and take a picture just so they can show it off to their friends. If you have a small rod holder and a net on your back you can simply net the fish…place your rod in the rod holder…..de-hook the fish and leave them in the net in the water so they can get their strength back and release. I want to start a movement called Hand off Fish…just not sure how to get my messag out their….plea feel free to comment….I forgot one big thing…it should illegal to use barbed hooks on catch and release streams…
You must have a miserable time fishing. Just take a deep breath, relax & enjoy fishing. 😎

There are streams frequented by the white trucks where we would all be better off if people selectively practiced a little more catch and grease for the rubber fish instead of catch and release

The other hard part for me and why I don’t take pictures but don’t really care if other people do quickly as mentioned is for some reason brown or brook trout regardless I am not skilled with my iphone 10 and if i am being honest probably not with any cameras. I feel like i need more time to get the shot I want where as one of my friends I know for a fact can get them in a second. I know it comes down to preparation. You wanna have the phone in a very reachable no effort spot. Get your settings dialed in before you get out there but for some reason i just feel like I don’t get dialed in quick enough for a good shot.
Exactly. If I want a pic of a certain fish, my phone is already out before I even get the trout to shore. The trick is to have your iphone at the ready and accessible. Settings aren't an issue, just point and shoot. I'll quickly take several pics and decide which one is best later.

I have the LIFEPROOF case, which is totally water proof, so I don't have to worry about getting it wet in the event I drop it. Who would catch a native like this (one of my best) and not want to be able to share it with others?

Attachments

• IMG_1436 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_1436 (Custom).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Fun fact: if you accidentally touch fish with dry hands and remove the protective slime, you can simply apply butter or bacon fat.
I pose holding the rod and put the fish in my teeth. Duck lips are important if you're going to put it on the gram. Let's face it, the rod and you are the real star.

It really bothers me when I see people land a fish and then feel the need to pick it up and take a picture just so they can show it off to their friends. If you have a small rod holder and a net on your back you can simply net the fish…place your rod in the rod holder…..de-hook the fish and leave them in the net in the water so they can get their strength back and release. I want to start a movement called Hand off Fish…just not sure how to get my messag out their….plea feel free to comment….I forgot one big thing…it should illegal to use barbed hooks on catch and release streams…

I rarely see people while fishing, it makes it easier not to notice what others are doing.

Dont get me started on herons with dry beaks.

I have robbed many Brookies of their souls, but apparently not their lives, as I have several in my picture vaults that were caught multiple times, just like the Browns.

Where are you catching these Amish trout?
I mean don't spot burn them, Amish trout tend to be very non-conformist. I'm guessing in a warm water lake.

To be honest, I get much more upset seeing pictures of fish where an expensive rod & reel are beside it getting all scratched up on some rocks...

..."reel rash," another bad outcome from all that picture snappin'. ;)

As for me, I used to take pictures of fish and my surroundings with a small waterproof camera. Over the years I looked more at the pictures of the surroundings than the pictures of the fish so I stopped taking pictures of fish.

These days I can't be bothered carrying a camera or taking out my phone to take pictures of anything. Besides, if my ego needs stroking by posting a hero shot, there are so many of them out there on the Internet that I'll just use someone else's photo and say it's my fish... :)

I don’t know if anyone here has an aquarium but i am always amazed at when you take a fish home in those clear bags how well you can see em. Maybe will give those a shot because i am a big fan of fins flared out shots for any fish. Smallie might be cool in a photarium bag too with those camo stripes
I have 4 aquariums currently. It's my "other hobby" though I spend more time tending to my aquariums than I do fly fishing.

I have 4 aquariums currently. It's my "other hobby" though I spend more time tending to my aquariums than I do fly fishing.
Yea their work, i got a 75 gal I’m in process of setting up

I pose holding the rod and put the fish in my teeth. Duck lips are important if you're going to put it on the gram. Let's face it, the rod and you are the real star.
But only if said rod and reel set you back in excess of $15 hundred dollars or more. Otherwise, you could be considered a piker.

Back