G3 vs Headwaters

I think the big difference in these types of waders is all dependant on how much you fish and in what conditions. If you are concerned, I'd call Simms - or let me know via PM/email, would be glad to talk to you.

They are both good for their own various reasons.

Quickly, does anybody know the difference between the old g3's and the new ones?

I don't know about the old G3's, but the current G3's are made with Gore-Tex Pro material. It's supposed to be more breathable than plain Gore-Tex.

I have a pair of Headwaters waist highs that are on their third year. I have no complaints. I know the G3's are thicker but they are also much heavier. Not worth it to me. The price or the weight.

My first pair of waders were red ball, they lasted ten years. The same can't be said for the stuff coming from China, sometimes that stuff lasts a half a trip. I have had two pairs of LL Bean waders since the current pair is about 3 years old, the last pair was about five years old and started to leak, when I took them back they gave me a partial credit.That's worth something.

Just got a pair of g3 special edition on the big e for $300 brand new. Retail for 479. Woohoo!

Back