Fly Tying Symposium in NJ

troutpoop

troutpoop

Has anyone attended this event before? I was considering going but wanted some feedback about how big it is, what is there etc.

I wanted to but have to work.

Last yr was my first trip to the show. I'd say it's significantly smaller (30 to 45% smaller) than the FF show in Jan.

its all here, no

http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com/

I missed last year, but will go this year. Worth the trip.

I have been a couple of times. It is definitely focused on fly tying unlike the January show and as mentioned it is much smaller.

If you are interested in fly tying and seeing a wide selection of tools and materials it is worth a trip.

I am going again this year

This would be a good topic for a thread in the Events & Meet Up forum now that we have dates and link.

I have yet to attend, but knowing that it's run by Chuck Furminsky (who runs the Fly Fishing Show), believe it would be a great one for those into tying. There are many presenters, plus lots of new materials to check out. If anyone goes, be sure to let us know what we missed!

TC

"This would be a good topic for a thread in the Events & Meet Up forum now that we have dates and link."

I started a topic with links about 10 days ago.

I like it better - it is more low key, less crowded and you have plenty of time to chat. The fly show can be a touch of a circus.

While it focuses on fly tying, most of the tiers are pretty good fishermen and you can get plenty of fishing info as well.

Back