First Hare's ear

P.M.s sent...

Having seen the selection of tying furs and feathers at sandfly's shop, I can vouch for the quality. Sandfly really knows his tying materials, and his packaged materials reflect that. There's a whole lot more there than just bunny faces!

I think I'm just gonna have to make a road trip up there to stock up. Anyone interested?

This guy is!

gfen wrote:
Heritage-Angler wrote:
Next lesson will include the touch dubbing technique and dubbing loops.

What do you use for wax? The Waspi stuff in the orange tube sucks.

Thumbs up on this. The Wapsi stuff is AWFUL. I emailed Loren Williams and he recommended the Loon Outdoors wax. I'm gonna order it with some other goodies soon!

FWIW, I brought home a toilet seat wax ring last night.. haven't tried it, but its certainly tacky.

I need to figure out a way to be able to easily apply it, I guess that means pulling the guts from a chapstick tube and clogging it full.

If it works, $1.97 has given me wax for life. Sandy should buy 'em, cut 'em up and sell 'em in cubes.

I'm thinking I'll buy some violin rosin next time I'm bya music store and maybe melting my own Overton's.

gfen wrote:
FWIW, I brought home a toilet seat wax ring last night.. haven't tried it, but its certainly tacky.

I need to figure out a way to be able to easily apply it, I guess that means pulling the guts from a chapstick tube and clogging it full.

If it works, $1.97 has given me wax for life. Sandy should buy 'em, cut 'em up and sell 'em in cubes.

I'm thinking I'll buy some violin rosin next time I'm bya music store and maybe melting my own Overton's.

Buy some cheap a$$ deodorant and gut that. It's a much larger contained so you won't probably ever have to refill it.

wsender wrote:
gfen wrote:

Buy some cheap a$$ deodorant and gut that. It's a much larger contained so you won't probably ever have to refill it.

Wsender...are you insinuating Jerry does not use deodorant? Because if thats what you are saying then I would understand why he would have to buy some cheap stuff, but if he does use deodorant, then he probably already has a tube he could use....Just being an idiot.

Why waste the good stuff! I figured it would be cheaper to buy something and discard it at the dollar store then to throw away his 3/4 used stick of Secret...

My point was that he could probably wait till his was finished. I am sure he sweats a lot and enough that he goes through a stick in a week. :)

I'll let you sniff my pits at Somerset, but I assure you, I'm not a profuse sweater.

I'll pass, thanks though!

why not use a flexible glue like goop thinned, works real good..

Back