Fall Catskill JAM.....the final chapter 10/4-10/6

Alright cool, Im willing to share a room beeber. I'm gonna head up Wednesday after work and can stay till Sunday.

martin0206 that sounds good, PM sent. I will (unfortunately) have to work the full week and get there Fri late or Sat early. Can't wait for some fall fishin'.

OK, updated list of fly flingers:

Me
Josh
NJ Tom
Becker
Young Mike from NY
beeber2
gutcutter +1 (you still in?) any word or wbranch??
csoult
beast brown
PhilC (prior to or just after cutting the wedding cake)
martin0206 (he's looking for easy money on the golf course)
skybay productions
Alby + Pittsburgh
DaveS (in limbo)
mooney4
big bass
TimRobinson

Anyone that is interested, throw your name on the list. If you care to make food, list what you're bringing. I'll have 2 gallons of beef stew. For the non-Dutchies, we will also bring plenty of Lebanon Bologna since it was so popular.

Things you can expect to see:
My new truck for towing my boat
Mr. Turner (aka the eel man)
Big Frank
Hebe
Pseudo
October Caddis
The mysterious "peach fly"

If you can't find the place, look for me out front. I'll be in my normal spot holding my sign.

Let's hope for good weather, good water and we'll have some fun.

Attachments

• jam (4).jpg
    jam (4).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
  • jam (3).jpg
    jam (3).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 5
  • jam.jpg
    jam.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
  • bugs to expect.jpg
    bugs to expect.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
  • bugs to expect (2).jpg
    bugs to expect (2).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
  • bugs to expect (1).jpg
    bugs to expect (1).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • bugs to expect (3).jpg
    bugs to expect (3).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
Forgot to put pic of me up.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5
No mention of any beer in the post! No wonder I'm in limbo!

Fall Catskill JAM pics

PS; when the caravan is living from W PA?

Attachments

• Hancock1.jpg
    Hancock1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Hancock2.jpg
    Hancock2.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 7
  • Hancock3.jpg
    Hancock3.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Hancock4.jpg
    Hancock4.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Hancock5.jpg
    Hancock5.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Hancock6.jpg
    Hancock6.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 7
beeber2 wrote:
Phil, are you going to make it there after the wedding?

Things are a little in flux as I'm looking at a new job right now...this could work in my favor if I can get this time off in b/t...
The wedding I have to go to is on Saturday 10/12 so I'll be up beforehand and leaving Saturday morn at the latest...

In light of the cost involved, the raffle tickets will be one for $20, three for $45 and 6 for $60. The raffle will be held Saturday morning before heading out to fish / just as some are turning in from an all night bender. Before anyone complains about ticket prices, I'm funding the entire thing out of my pocket (which I really can't afford) and the money goes to FUDR.

Confirmed prizes will include:

*Redington hats / bottle openers
*Simms Shirts
*8'6" - 3 weight fly rod
*Teton Tioga fly reel with spare spool
*Framed / matted water color by Dave Weaver
*couple of other things I can't think of right now but might have a case of lager on there for DaveS

Other possible prizes:
*fly box / fly assortment (30-40 flies)
*Possible additional fly rod
*Possible used Outcast pontoon

Any prize will have a value in excess of a ticket. Raffle will be done with all prizes laid out, pick a number, that person gets choice of what's on the table. That person is then out of the drawing until all others have had a chance. The first time we did this, the first two numbers were the same person and he got the 2 best items on the table which caused some grumbling. If you want to donate anything to the swap, please PM me. It's for a good cause that has helped with the very fishery we are up there enjoying. Dig deep

Attachments

• raffle (1).jpg
    raffle (1).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • raffle (2).jpg
    raffle (2).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
  • raffle (3).jpg
    raffle (3).jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 7
  • raffle (4).jpg
    raffle (4).jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 6
  • raffle (5).jpg
    raffle (5).jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 5
  • raffle (6).jpg
    raffle (6).jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 7
  • raffle (7).jpg
    raffle (7).jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
  • raffle (8).jpg
    raffle (8).jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 5
  • raffle (9).jpg
    raffle (9).jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 5
I will come up with something to donate to the raffle. Not sure exactly yet but I'll figure it out soon. Gonna call today and book the room. Can't wait for October to roll around so I can clean house on the links :)

I guess I better get the homebrew going soon if it's going to be ready for this. Sounds like a good reason to get motivated. I'll let you know what I make, probably an Oktoberfest style. I've got a bunch of german hops to use up. I will see if I can dig up something for the raffle as well.

Just a quick FYI....

Just got off the phone with Ines at the Capra Inn. They will hold 8 rooms (half the motel) for our group. I know of 3 that are already booked / spoken for. If you're on the fence, try and firm up plans and call to make a room reservation. 607-637-1600.

For anyone that doesn't have a pontoon but might be interested in getting one, there might be 2 there for sale. I think they are older Outcast FishCat 8 or 9 foot models. They are solid little boats. I'm trying to get them brought to the motel for inspection and / or sale. I don't know what he'd be looking to get but I told him that $200-300 would be fair. If he wants more than that, I'll tell him not to bring them.

As for the raffle, there should be enough for 10-12 prizes already. A few more and we'll exceed the number of participants. LMAO

Jared,

We're leaving Thursday AM and returning Sunday AM. Hope to fish Thurs eve and all day fri and sat.

Made my hotel reservation today, joining the Pittsburgh crew.

Welcome aboard. Looks like 1/2 of Pittsburgh is coming....who's going to watch the shop while you guys are gone? Lol.

krayfish wrote:
Welcome aboard. Looks like 1/2 of Pittsburgh is coming....who's going to watch the shop while you guys are gone? Lol.

Those of us with kids, of course. Alby and Jared...take lots'o'pics since I have to live vicariously!

Kray, I'll come up with something for the raffle also

Nice. Thanks

Ummm, Martin...based on last 3 rounds, not playing fort $$. Just hit it on off the tee 4 times and three putted 5 times. I haven't hit balls in years but will attempt to address this issue before NY.

OK guys, it looks like I'm out for this go around. Its disappointing, to miss all the Fall Foolage, and such, but I got a new job, and it would be virtually impossible to get to Hancock. Good luck to all the attendees.

:-(

Sucks that you can't make it but more money in the pocket never hurts. I'll give ya a ring.

Back