Chest Fly Box?

I own the leather harness option. It is very comfortable, durable and I would recommend this option. I have used the harness during the summer season with no discomfort. Additionally, I have the nylon harness as an option, in case I may fish during extreme hot weather - which frankly I have stopped that practice during the past 10 years due to personal decisions not to stress trout and the extreme temperatures that are common on the East coast. Bottom line, recommended.

I have the leather harness and I don't use it once the hot weather rolls in. I don't see too much of an advantage between the leather or the thin regular straps. It does look nice though.

i'm a minimalist, this is all i carry on the water.
Fenwick2019M

What are all the beads for?

Probably decorative. My question is what is the black bowl shaped gizmo opposite the fly on the rod?

I have a question too: ;)

Is the rod a Fenwick HMG and if so, what model & vintage.

I have a question too: ;)

Is the rod a Fenwick HMG and if so, what model & vintage.

yes, 1st generation hmg ffg805...dont recall the the exact bod...mid 70s anyway, its a handwritten serial number version...i bounce back and forth between it and an early 2nd gen fenwick/woodstream, that was still us made before woodstream shipped them over seas.

yes, 1st generation hmg ffg805...dont recall the the exact bod...mid 70s anyway, its a handwritten serial number version...i bounce back and forth between it and an early 2nd gen fenwick/woodstream, that was still us made before woodstream shipped them over seas.
Awesome, a 7'6" 5wt Fenwick HMG was the second or third fly rod I ever owned.

I later sold it to a friend who never took care of his tackle and the ferrule either got worn out or he cracked the female but either way, it wouldn't stay together or I probably would have bought it back like I did with my other second or third fly rod. ;)

Awesome, a 7'6" 5wt Fenwick HMG was the second or third fly rod I ever owned.

I later sold it to a friend who never took care of his tackle and the ferrule either got worn out or he cracked the female but either way, it wouldn't stay together or I probably would have bought it back like I did with my other second or third fly rod. ;)
for the way i fish, it is a fantastic rod....i like old stuff in general, but they were/are just good blanks.

Remember the "X" butt wraps? They were awesome fly rods. I had a 7', 8', and 8' 6". I remember once on the Delaware I tried to overhead cast with a BB on the tippet. On the forward haul the BB hit the rod just above the ferrule and sheared that glass in a millisecond. I had to walk a mile back to my car to get another rod.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 8
The beads are used to keep the tippet holder in place so it doesn't slide down. My Goertzen, pictured a page back, has several attachment points and the beads are used to keep everything separated.

Remember the "X" butt wraps? They were awesome fly rods. I had a 7', 8', and 8' 6". I remember once on the Delaware I tried to overhead cast with a BB on the tippet. On the forward haul the BB hit the rod just above the ferrule and sheared that glass in a millisecond. I had to walk a mile back to my car to get another rod.
yes sir...have several of the glass rods.

Attachments

• ff79.jpg
    ff79.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 13
Back