catskill jam 2012. June 7, 8, 9 & 10

OK I'll go down to the garage right now and fashion a mast and some soduim lights so the 'toon looks like the flippin "Northwestern" In fact I think we should call the night float "Dreadlilist Catch"!lol!

Bwhahaha have coast guard on standby

Glo stick on log tomato stake with rubberbands. Glo sticks at dollar tree.

I was thinking about one of those solar powered outdoor lights. I think I have one in the flower bed. Its even water oriented! Its a Frog, or a Pelican, or Duck or something with webbed feet. Not a Platapuss though, that would look stupid.

DaveS wrote:
I was thinking about one of those solar powered outdoor lights. I think I have one in the flower bed. Its even water oriented! Its a Frog, or a Pelican, or Duck or something with webbed feet. Not a Platapuss though, that would look stupid.

Only way this will work is if it can hide the hotel key in its belly.

Sorry about that golf stuff Tom. I enjoy making things a difficult as possible (fishing the flatest water or playing golf)

I will not be seen in a boat with a solar frog as a bow light. Why not a solar butterfly or garden fairy? LOL.

The extended weather forecast is looking pretty good. Thursday - 69 high, 52 low and partly sunny, Friday - 66 high, 54 low, showers / rain, Saturday - 73 high, low 51, partly sunny, Sunny - 65 high, 51 low, showers / rain.

In the years past, I've pointed fisherman to a spot on Sunday and then headed home to get everything unloaded. I took off Monday so I'll be fishing until dark on Sunday (if weather isn't too ugly). Some of the best days I've had up there were in the drizzle / rain. The water temps already started to drop. With the cooler days in the near future, the conditions should be good on just about all rivers. Looking forward to the trip.

afishinado wrote:
Golf :-o

I've lost all respect for yews guys....

Haha! I'm surprised we didn't get crap for this earlier...my buddy who got me into flyfishing still gives me crap for this...he claims its either/or unless you like to "go both ways"

Glow sticks for the the night float! hahaa....its going to be a river rave

I may unfortunately have an issue guys. My administrators are trying to make me participate in our Graduation ceremonies on the 9th. I am trying to get out of it, as I was just informed of this. It is generally voluntary for teachers to attend, and I usually do. However, I took an additional class adviser position this year, and they are telling me that this requires me to be there. I took it to the higher administration today, so I should know for sure tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

We have a boat and some trout lined up for ya. Hope you come out on the favorable side of the decision. Good luck.

Cooler nights and a good forecast should have the rivers in great shape. Water temps were looking iffy buy have gotten back down around 60. Should be good. We've lost quite a few in recent days but should still have a decent number.

Water temperature at Hale Eddy.....51.

Between Repost and Hale, never any temp issues. I was making.reference to the EB.and Main. Don't limit yourself to the same 5 miles of river for an entire week.

Anyone going to be there Thur afternoon? Looking for someone to float from 3 until dark.

We'll be there Thursday. Where are you planning to float?

I think I will be there Thursday afternoon, all depends on how many claims come rolling in.

I should get there early evening, at best. I'll see yinz back at the Capra. I should be roughly arms lenght away from a cold beer!

Well, I'm floating with CathyG in the morning. Since she'd like to do a short float, I'm looking to run a second trip down the river in the afternoon. If you have dinner plans at 8, don't even consider floating with me. The good stuff happens from 7:30 / 8pm until dark-30. Josh was nice enough to loan me his pontoon so I do have a boat for someone to use (if needed). I thought that I would have access to Brandon's driftboat but he's got a trip booked for Thursday. As for the plan... don't know. It depends how soon I can get back in the water. Could be a tiny float or a little longer one. Most likely it with be WB or WB into the Main. Cahills, Sulphurs, Caddis and ISO's should be expected. Also should find some olives, yellow stones and maybe some yellow drakes.

Sound off or PM me if you are interested. I'm leaving my house by 4:30 am... fishing w/ Cathy until noon-ish....hitting Subway and right back for 8 more hours. I expect to collapse by 10. I'll be looking for Dave to apply emergency medical attention (aka - Lager) to bring me back to life. :) BTW, got my own case this time. I'll be filling your coozie.

** UPDATED WEATHER **

Thursday - partly to mostly cloudy, high 71, low 49

Friday - mix of clouds, mostly sunny, high 76, low 54

Saturday - warmer but clouds limiting sunshine, high 81, low 59

Sunday - partly sunny and warm, high 81, low 57

More importantly.... wind forecast.

Thur - NNW at 5, gust to 8
Fri - NNE at 4, gusts to 7
Sat - SW at 7, gusts to 13
Sun - NNW at 7, gusts to 13

You can + or - approximately 30 mph to the wind forecast. LOL.

Back