Blue Wing Olive Swap 2011

I'd say so. Just shoot a PM to the host.

Being that he's the last one in he has to tie two for everyone though. It's only fair!

RowJimmy wrote:
Being that he's the last one in he has to tie two for everyone though. It's only fair!

Sounds fine to me. I was on the fence between a size 16/18 CDC/Deer Hair Comparadun and a size 22 CDC DelaDun.

So I shall tie both...

I was kidding tie w.e you want!

I have decided on a still born or emerger style BWO, now I need to work out the size of the hook. What are most people doing for their BWO? 14/16 or 16/18.

From troutnut's website (http://www.troutnut.com/specimen/752) I think I am going with a size 14, but it will be a 2x shaft length.

No one claim a bwo nymph? I guess I will do one of them.

http://www.renotroutenvy.com/2010/01/bwo-nymphs.html

Tie that one ok? Thanks!

I am going to tie a BWO nymph. Not the above. :)

BelAirSteve - CDC loopwing emerger
SBecker - TBA
RowJimmy - Hackle Stacker
JayL - BWO nymph
Frequent Tyer - CDC split wing dun
Turkey - Soft hackle
Sniperfreak223 - classic BWO and a boit-body BWO parachute.
Flyfishermanj - TBA
wsender - CDC/Deer Hair Comparadun and CDC DelaDun.
FlyfishingNZ - Emerger

flyfishingNZ wrote:
From troutnut's website (http://www.troutnut.com/specimen/752) I think I am going with a size 14, but it will be a 2x shaft length.

NZ,

From a purely selfish perspective, a 14 is way too big for my use. 18s and 20s are what I tie. I see on troutnut you are looking at the drunella, which are larger. I fish beatis patterns, which are smaller.

I will tie up a range tonight and see how they look, just need to make sure I some brown dubbing else it will mean a trip to the shop. I have a range of hooks so any size should be ok, but I will post an image later this evening.

thebassman wrote:
I cannot wait till I am able to tie a fly that I wouldn't be embarrassed to give someone. The swaps seem like a lot of fun.... not to hijack this thread, but maybe we could do a beginner swap.... okay now back to the bwo swap. I can't wait to see some pictures whenever you guys get started.

Sounds like a good idea...now to generate a little more interest and find someone to host it.

Back to the BWO swap...mine are done, can you PM me a mailing address?

I thought about this so I'm going to do 2 per person, 14s for drunellas and 18s for baetis guys.

PM sent with mailing address. Remember to send a return package with postage along with your flies.

I will finish these (14s) up tonight and hopefull the size 18s tomorrow. Can't seem to find my mole fur for the lil' ones...

Attachments

• IMG_0530 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0530 (640x480).jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 4
Gentlemen,

I'd like to back out of this, due to a series of obligations that have begun to pop up in the past few days. I'd still have time to tie the flies, but I probably wouldn't have the time that I'd normally have to do so, and that's not fair to everyone.

If there's anyone that wants my spot, let me know. If not, I'll find the time to finish them.

How many flies do I have to tie for this?

RowJimmy wrote:
How many flies do I have to tie for this?

There were ten participants, and Jay dropped out, although I do not have anyone to replace him just yet. Assuming there are going to be 10, you should tie 9 flies for the other participants, and historically, swap tiers tie for Dave K (who runs the board) and the 4 mods. That would be 14 total if you are so inclined.

The list is as follows:

BelAirSteve - CDC loopwing emerger
SBecker - TBA
RowJimmy - Hackle Stacker
JayL - ***withdrew*** need a volunteer to step up
Frequent Tyer - CDC split wing dun
Turkey - Soft hackle
Sniperfreak223 - classic BWO and a boit-body BWO parachute.
Flyfishermanj - TBA
wsender - CDC/Deer Hair Comparadun and CDC DelaDun.
FlyfishingNZ - Emerger

I am going to tie the BWO nymph

Back