anyone tying with a rite bobbin?

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

I have a few standard bobbins but seem to primarily use my ceramic bobbin. I have priced another cerimac bobbin and it seems like the rite bobbin is a cool tool.

Anyone use one? Thoughts on it as a novice tyer who is pretty crappy at tying? Any real advantages?

They are nice but they aren't life changing. Spending money on a nice vice or a good quality neck or two would be better money spent IMO.

As a novice I think you are fine with whatever you currently have for bobbins. The bobbin isn't going to make you a better tier...

I don't have one but will probably get one at the fly tying show in November. I like the idea of adjusting thread tension but changing thread is bit more complicated.

small_rite-bobbin-mag-parts.jpg

I own one. I will be buying 3 more before this tying season starts (november-march). I just simply like the way they feel in my hand and how adjustable they are. If you can splurge on one sure I would buy it but it wont (IMO) make your tying any better just because it is more expensive.

Thanks. I Know that they are not life changing but thinking it could be a nice pickup

i have used tiemco ceramic bobbin holders since the first came out and find no reason to use something else. if it aint broke......

I walk right on by them to the $5.00 ceramic India made bobbins. I can get a handful for the same price and prefer having as many thread choices on deck as I can get. Thankfully god provided me with a changeable grip for tension so mechanical tension is not needed.

I used one, felt to weird in my hand, I will stick to my cheap bobbins

After ordering one from Netcraft (should arrive tomorrow) I saw that Field and Stream had them today. I am going to try it out and see what I think.

I have one and love it. Being able to adjust the thread tension is great

I also have one and love it.
Sean

I bought one but don't like it. Primarily because it doesn't spin properly when flattening thread. I prefer the Tiemco and Renzetti bobbins.

Back