Allen Double Sided Fly Box

thebassman

thebassman

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post this so some of you can get a closer look at their fly boxes. I must say that I do really like their double sided box and decided to make a quick little video of the box.

Nice review. They are a good deal (from most any vender) and all come off the same factory line. I've seen them under TCO, Irideous, White River, among others. All of mine are Irideous. I got them off eBay for $7-8 each. They have been bomb proof.

Remember, don't put wet flies back in a waterproof box.

Also, keep them out of the heat/sun. I've had the slit-foam splay out from expanding with the heat and not be able to hold hooks securely after. Other than that, I think that this style of box is a good value.

Ya, I've had the foam start to slide down the cardboard insert that it is attached to due to sun/heat.

I got a free on from allen when I bought hooks....have not use it yet but they sound awesome! :roll:

I was told to reinforce the foam by adding some glue to the ends of the strips bu HA.

I've got a couple of these style boxes, and on one of them, the foam strips "moved" into a u-shape. I added a small drop of super glue to the ends and the non-slit side of the foam, and they haven't moved on any of my other boxes so far.

Back