50 most influential FFers

Leisenring??? Hidy??? Whitlock?? Galloup???

I know it's tuff to name the top 50 of anything and we all have our favorites. Some on the list where better writers than fishermen and if not guided as to where when and how would be no better than any other well versed fisherman. I think the list should be limited to those who did ground breaking work rather than prolific writing. Ie Nemes, Sawyer, Flick etc.

That list would be trimmed by about 1/2.

They missed all my friends!

csoult wrote:
They missed all my friends!

Derelicts, the whole bunch.

Yes, but excellent fly fisherman, and very influential.

Two great fly fishing teachers in my life are missing;

Joe Humphreys -- passionate instructor, who's always been slighted by the fly-fishing media snob types

A.J. McClane -- great writer and early Field & Stream editor whose articles and books taught me how to fish as a kid

Couldn't help but noticing that many of the questionable selections were tied into ORVIS-Stackpole-Books-Fly-Fisherman-magazine world. Go figure.

I would also vote for the inclusion of Ed Shenk. His wingless sulfur pattern (with the orange thorax) has been my go-to sulfur pattern for many (many) years.

You temp me boy's. Come out, from the dark room. Yes. i know some and yes i stray from some. The fellow you are looking for, is right across the street! The man that gets up , at the crack of 10!

He is a beautiful reason to fish! The beautiful fisherman. Seen it all my life! Good, Good, and always looking out the door for the view of "Perfect". Mr Good, I love you! More than you ever know!

I am crying now, perfect is gone, I miss him so much. So, brothers, did you ever meet Mr. Perfect. You know, the fisherman, next door!

Maxima12

Compare me with them, No! I think not! I give and they take.

The beautiful, i remember. I spout the names, like a rush of fuel to restore an old mind! How could i ever forget!

When i talk of a friend gone! Listen. If i do not talk, your not missing much!

Again, Join up, get some, just smelling, i get that! Paflyfish can do good! Now , get the first part right-------Pa.------ .

Pa.----Yep, The bow on the package! Big, Bold and Beautiful!

Maxima12

There it is :pint:

….another belly-laugh!!

I had a belly laugh too! When i remembered a good one!

Preston Jennings!

Maxima12

Back