4th Annual Fish N Chips Event 8/8/15

No problem Les.

Update Roster

Martin0206- Coffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heritage Angler- Donuts
GenCon- Potato Salad
Volksnurse- Soda and Water
mic- Apples and Agave

Reading back through the thread, I realize I did not add my thanks to Martin for stepping up to make this event happen this year and to Fox for getting going at the inaugural event.
Would also be remiss if I did not add thanks to all who pitch in at this and other events!

Thank You All!

PS: Already looking forward to next year!

Thanks Dave, next year we will do a better job coordinating with the grill guy!

Anyone else who is thinking of coming or if you are on the fence.......DO IT! It will definitely be a good time and we usually have a really good turnout. Any questions about what's needed or anything else just let me know.

I am going to be in the area that weekend and plan on attending I can bring pickled eggs and beets

Hey Roger, it will be good to see you.

GenCon

I will be there on 8/8 and will come early to help set up.

Since it looks like the grill availability is uncertain.
I'll bring a barley n corn salad(Food and Wine,August 2015 issue) which I made for the first time yesterday for a family event and was very well received.
Tom

Well, not having a grill available just won't do.

I'll bring my Weber grill, and sub for djs123456789 as the grillmeister.

It'd be nice if someone could bring burgers, hotdogs, and rolls for both. We could also use paper plates, napkins, and plastic utensils. I'll bring ketchup, mustard, and salt and pepper.

No matter what, I won't let you guys do without!

Jeff - I took that Friday night off as well, so I'll be there at zero-dark-thirty.

Damn. Ed's cooking. Put me down for a couple packs of dogs and rolls and some mustard. As well as soda and water. And oh...an apron for him to wear.

Thanks Ed for stepping up with the grill. I would bring mine but it doesn't quite fit in the back of a chevy cruze. I can bring burgers and buns as well. Btw, I can't wait to see the apron Volksnurse brings. I'm sure he will get creative!

Updated Roster

Martin0206- Coffee, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Burgers & Buns
Heritage Angler- Donuts, Grill, Condiments
GenCon- Potato Salad
Volksnurse- Soda, Water, Hotdogs & Buns, Mustard
mic- Apples and Agave
gfoledc- Pickled Eggs and Beets
AFISHN- Barley & Corn Salad

Hi guys, I think I can make this event. Ive never been able to make this one. Ed, if you need help cooking, I'll step up!! What can I bring?? I don't think I can get a batch of pickles done by next weekend. How about watermelon?? How about paper plates, napkins and utensils?

Im in! I plan on arriving at zero dark thirty as well. What can I bring?

mooney4 wrote:
Hi guys, I think I can make this event. Ive never been able to make this one. Ed, if you need help cooking, I'll step up!! What can I bring?? I don't think I can get a batch of pickles done by next weekend. How about watermelon?? How about paper plates, napkins and utensils?

Your supervision will be most welcome.

I'm just happy you can make it!

:pint:

Hey Mooney, watermelon would definitely work and I don't think we have any of the other things you mentioned on the list yet as well.

J55tyger88, snacks of some sort would be good.

Jeff - Gimme a call Friday morning so we can fill in the blanks on anything missing. I'll hit the grocery store that afternoon.

Probably a good idea to be prepared in advance, so we don't have to send someone out to the store, and risk losing their parking spot.
'
My prediction is for crowded parking conditions for late arrivers. We can always park up in the lot across from the hatchery lot, but that's a good walk - especially if you have to carry stuff.

Sounds good Ed, I'll talk to you then.

Dogs, rolls and mustard. Check
Hot dogs, Check.
Ice and cooler. Check.
Heritage Ed in an apron....Priceless.

Volksnurse wrote:
Dogs, rolls and mustard. Check
Hot dogs, Check.
Ice and cooler. Check.
Heritage Ed in an apron....Priceless.

Pictures, lots of pictures

Really wish I could be there

Ok, so is there an updated list? Im sure it could change by friday afternoon. Just out of curiousness, hows the fishing been up there??

Volksnurse wrote:
....Heritage Ed in an apron....Priceless.

This concerns me. :-o

Rich - Fishing? What's that? I've still got sulphurs on my fly patch.
:cry:

I will be there but doubt I will be there at 1st light. Been crazy busy. I probably wont feel like getting up too early. See you all there.

GenCon

Back