3rd Annual Fish N Chips Event Thread, 7/26/14

Perhaps if it's done early enough then when the fishing starts if there's a bunch of people that want to do it they can get some one on one time fishing. I'm sure sure there will be enough anglers experienced with this style to get everyone going with it. That should help take enough of the unknown or mystery out of it to get their feet wet with it. I'll have some sighters made up and material to make more if needed.

Here's a "revised" tentative schedule so that everyone can plan. This event is pretty informal so my times below are not at all set in stone.

5:30 - 7:00 - Early fishing
7:00 - 8:00 - Meet and greet with coffee and donuts
8:00 - 11:00 - Newbies "Trico" fishing with experienced ff-er's
8:00 - 9:00 - Euro Nymphing demo by lv2nymph
9:00 - 11:00 - On stream instruction on Euro Nymphing
11:30 - 12:30 - Lunch
12:30 - 1:00 - Casting demo by OldLefty
1:00 - whenever - Open fishing time

Updated Roster:

FoxGap239 - Coffee
Heritage Angler - Donuts
Delta Dog - Pasta Salad
Volksnurse - Soda and cooler
djs12354 - Grill and Sausage/Dawgs
J55tyger88 - Burgers
buffalo - Case of Water
CathyG - Paper goods
lv2nymph - Fruit on ice
FishinPhilly - Burger and Dawg rolls
mic - Apples and fixin's to grill em
jhedge - Condiments
GenCon - Homemade Potato Salad
OldLefty -Casting Demo
thebassman - chips and pretzels
Aducker - Shrimp
215fly - TBD
WildTigerTrout - TBD
lestrout - TBD

I have sent out a few PM's to guys who are not yet assigned things. Please check your PM's and let me know so that I can send out the finalized notice tomorrow.

Since we ALWAYS have food leftover, when determining how much to bring, use 10 people as your guide. I hate to see things go to waste.

Thanks to everyone, in advance, I think this will be a fun and educational event.

Checked with wife I am free for Saturday morning. Tell me what to bring.

I'm curious...what is the street address of the Heritage Fly Shop/Event? I do not know the area at all...

When I google it...I do not get consistent results. A little help, please.

2643 Fish Hatchery Road. Look for the mob of guys with my rods...
Night_Stalker wrote:
I'm curious...what is the street address of the Heritage Fly Shop/Event? I do not know the area at all...

When I google it...I do not get consistent results. A little help, please.

Won't be here this weekend, have fun yall

Just curious on who plans on being there early? I may have to roll....scratch that....I WILL have to roll after lunch (wife's birthday) so I am thinking on getting there around 6:00am. I am assuming nymphs and some streamers for the pre-trico fishing?

For the Euro nymphing demo/instruction what length rod do you suggest?

This is LV's gig, but I would suggest 10ft.

Yep, if you have a ten footer that's the one you want. If not if you have a nine bring that or the longest one you have. But longer is better. I'll also have some butt material in case anyone needs one made up. Also I have sighters made up for this as well.

I will bring my rods. Will also have maxima as a butt, but I am out of sighter.

Heh,heh....he said butt. ..

SBecker wrote:
I will bring my rods. Will also have maxima as a butt.

And rod...heh,heh....

Bassman, i think there will be ppl there before sunrise. I unknowingly ran into Heritage and Delta Dog last year at "zero dark thirty". I plan on being there early as well if you fish early.

Updated Roster:

FoxGap239 - Coffee
Heritage Angler - Donuts
Delta Dog - Pasta Salad
Volksnurse - Soda and cooler
djs12354 - Grill and Sausage/Dawgs
J55tyger88 - Burgers
buffalo - Case of Water
CathyG - Paper goods
lv2nymph - Fruit on ice
FishinPhilly - Burger and Dawg rolls
mic - Apples and fixin's to grill em
jhedge - Condiments
GenCon - Homemade Potato Salad
OldLefty -Casting Demo
thebassman - chips and pretzels
Aducker - Shrimp
215fly - TBD
WildTigerTrout - Doritoes and other snack food
lestrout - TBD

I have a 9ft 5wt I will use. That is all....I have no butt material or sighters....since I have never fished this style. I will fish the trick hatch for a bit and then find you guys for the nymphing technique.

That'll work just fine bass, see you there.

I like chocolate.

Myself and my brother (215fly) plan to be there before sunrise as well.

J55tyger88 wrote:
Bassman, i think there will be ppl there before sunrise. I unknowingly ran into Heritage and Delta Dog last year at "zero dark thirty". I plan on being there early as well if you fish early.

Fox, I just called my brother and told him to log on to check his pm's and give you a reply as to what to bring, he will do it when he gets home tonight or tomorrow morning.

Yea pm me fox on what you want me to bring. I am not an early bird, so probably won't be there till 8ish.

Back