3/20/10 Lehigh Valley Tying/fishing "Mini Jam"

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Squaretail wrote"
You taking your your fishing partner Afish?

Nah, he's staying home. I hope I can sneak out without him knowing what I'm up to though.

OldLefty wrote:
Ed (HA), I'm really confused and, besides, I can't count. How many can we expect?

Dave R.

You - confused. Now THAT'S funny!

We're up to two dozen so far. And growing. Given the eventual problems with kitchen passes and such, we're still gonna have a small mob there. If you have a way of projecting an image of the tying process on the wall, it'd be a good thing. Hope you're not claustrophobic.

Ed, no AV equipment. Fortunately, I'm not claustrophobic...did I spell that wright? ;-)

Wasn't sure if I was going to be tied up on Sat. but right now it looks good. I'll be there unless something comes up in the mean time. Anxious to put a face to all who post on this site regularly.

Well i gotta work saturday, but i'm right over at Kelly Buick GMC. So i maay be able to make it for sum fishin, since its right there and all. Hopefully i get out at a decent time, and we're still on that job. Man i really hope i can get there.

All, Had a great day today!! I'd like to thank everyone. I learned alot today at the vise and on the stream.
Chris

Came in late, so I didn't get to enjoy the tying but it was good seeing alot of familar faces again, and spend my first warm day on the stream this year.

To all who attended:

Thanks for making the Tying/Fishing Mini-Jam a success. It was good to meet some guys I'd never met before, and put faces to names here.

The guys at the shop were very pleased with our group, and one even came down to fish with us when the shop closed. (Thanks Matt!) At the end of the day, we had the good fortune to run into our local WCO, Lee Creyer. Lee has a solid reputation in these parts, and it was nice to see him and be able to spend a few minutes with him. He's as excited as we are about our new Executive Director, John Arway. The future of the PFBC is looking bright, indeed!

Special thanks to Old Lefty (Dave Rothrock) and afishinado for their instruction today - they did a great job, as always.

It was a relief to find that we didn't cause a rift in the Time-Space Continuum by putting afishinado (Tom C) and Afishn (Tom C) in the same room. Tim Murphy would have been all kinds of confused!

We also set a new precedent for a PAFF gathering - perfect weather! Let's hope it's a trend that continues. It was a beautiful day, and I personally had a great time. Judging from the turnout today, the PAFF Jamboree in May is gonna be HUGE! We could have used name tags today - whover suggested that in the Jam thread had a great idea.

H.A.

Attachments

• PAFFLVTFJ.jpg
    PAFFLVTFJ.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 7
  • drbn1.jpg
    drbn1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5
  • drpb.jpg
    drpb.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 5
  • drllwb.jpg
    drllwb.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 3
Now there is a motley crew!

Lee Creyer (correct spelling) was our WCO before he stole away to his home stomping grounds. We miss him here in York County. Cannot replace a guy like Lee but we are trying with our third since Lee...We are happy with our current WCO but he has some big shoes to fill. Tell Lee the guys from Muddy Creek TU said Hi! Lee Creyer is a breed apart.

Maurice wrote:
Tell Lee the guys from Muddy Creek TU said Hi! Lee Creyer is a breed apart.

Will do. And thanks for the correct spelling - wouldn't want to do him any injustice.

Great looking group, glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and even had great weather.

PaulG

Very nice gathering indeed. How was the fishin'?

Thanks to Heritage Ed for putting the whole thing together, and Old Lefty / Dave R. for taking the time to drive a couple of hours to give a very informative presentation / tying demonstration.

The fishin' was hot in our group (Jayl, Fredrick, Ian Brown, Afishn and Afish) and the beer was cold afterward. We caught some nice wild browns, mostly on nymphs.

Thanks to all that attended.

Jack.....Spaten? Hit the lottery?!?

Had poker Fri. Didn't lose all I had earmarked to lose, so I wasted the rest on double-cost beer.

JackM wrote:
Had poker Fri. Didn't lose all I had earmarked to lose, so I wasted the rest on double-cost beer.

Coulda' bought 4 cases of Nattie Light for the same price and been buzzed all weekend...just sayin' ;-)

Sometimes I like to really taste the beer.

Sounds like a great time. Nice after action report allowing the rest of us to participate vicariously.

It was a lot of fun. Thanks Heritage for Quarterbacking the thing, and also Dave fo the great presentation; I can't wait to try out some of the techniques.

While I'm thanking people, I should also thank Cedar crew for helping me get rid of the skunk. Nymphing in front of an audience sounds like a nightmare, but it was actually really helpful.

Thank HA for putting everything together. Sorry I couldn't make it today, Sunday, but I look forward to fishing you sometime this year. I learned a lot watching Dave tie his flies and fishing. I am also glad that I was able to put names and faces together. This is a great site and group of guys.

Back