3/20/10 Lehigh Valley Tying/fishing "Mini Jam"

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
j,

You are welcomed to any PAFF event that is posted on the boards. Your skill level is not a problem. Feel free man.

jdaddy wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am brand new to tying. First class is with Tully TU next week. Is this something I can get in on or would I hold you guys back? I don't want to be a burden to the group.

Thanks

J

See you there you'll walk away with so much useful information and new fishing buddies! See ya there

jdaddy wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am brand new to tying. First class is with Tully TU next week. Is this something I can get in on or would I hold you guys back? I don't want to be a burden to the group.

Thanks

J

By all means, join us! We'll make sure you walk into that TU tying class armed for bear. ;-) This is a golden opportunity to get a huge jump on the rest of the class there.

You're gonna love this group - they're a blast! Remind me in case I forget - I have a gift for you that will be very helpful in your tying adventures.

H.A.

Lest anyone feel overly apprehensive, this IS NOT a formal tying class. It IS a time for us to get together to have a good time of FELLOWSHIP and FUN around the tying vise and on the stream.

Did I catch that right? GIFTS???

OH, GOODY!!!!!!!

Dave R.

I was just wondering what you need to bring as far as fly tying tools goes. Do you need to bring your own vise and other tools and materials?

ChrisB wrote:
I was just wondering what you need to bring as far as fly tying tools goes. Do you need to bring your own vise and other tools and materials?

Feel free to bring your tying stuff, but remember, there is limited table space/elbow room. If you can keep you tying stuff on the floor, and just have out what you need, it'll be easier on you. We're gonna have to rotate tyers to allow everyone that wants to tie a chance to do so. Kinda like a Chinese fire drill with tying stuff. ;-)

HaHa that sounds good to me. I will definitely be there and from what I read so far it sounds like we are going to be tying baetis flies. I never tied them so I'm not sure what the materials are. If you could get back to me with what i will need i would appreciate it.

Thanks...

I think I am in, can't pass up getting "learned" by Old Lefty

Don't care where we fish....

Rob

Chris,

Olive stuff of all shades should cover you. Yellow olive to true olive to brown olive. Bring whatever you think fits the bill. There is plenty of room to experiment. The most fun part of these gatherings is hearing others opinions on different ways to use the materials you have.

All,

Looking like I should be able to make it. If anyone wants to split gas from the Philly area, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Ok sounds good I got plenty of olive material so... I shouldnt have a problem. Thanks Jay

OldLefty wrote:
Lest anyone feel overly apprehensive, this IS NOT a formal tying class.
Dave R.

Whew - I hate getting fitted for a tuxedo rental. ;-)

Jay, thanks for helping out here. I was comatose from no sleep - was out all day whacking the snot out of the fish on my little black stonefly spot. I'm going back out tomorrow if you'd like to go...

H.A.

Attachments

• lbs1.jpg
    lbs1.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 3
I'd love to, but I have to drive up to long island to build that new FT. :-D

Ed..count me in.;
if there is no room at the table,I'll just observe.
I am finally going to give fly tying a try after 50 years of flinging them.

Anyway, if Ed is in charge of selecting the place to eat...it will be tasty and we won't go hungry,for sure

And I'd like to join the group afterwards for some flyfishing.

Just email me the addres of the shop and I'll find it with the aid of modern technology
Regards,
Tom

I gonna try and make this too. Sounds like fun.

beeb

AFISHN wrote:

I am finally going to give fly tying a try after 50 years of flinging them.,
Tom

OMG. Does this mean I won't be watching you rearrange your fly boxes on the kitchen table on our vacation this year? :lol:

We'll talk - a lot!

Click on this link for directions. Just punch the address in your GPS and you'll be set.

Bill - Looking forward to meeting you in person. Really glad you can make it!

Ed

Ed - I think we were going to arrange a float last year, but it never materialized. Maybe this year will work. I am looking forward to this too.

Bill

Count me in too. I'll just need to see if I can come up with some waders, since mine are in the shop.

Ian,

I have a spare pair. I cannot guarantee that they're waterproof, but you're free to give it a shot.

Back