2022 Summary Booklet of Fishing Regs: all PFBC stocked trout stretches defined

M

Mike

A lot more space was devoted to identifying the upper and lower limits of adult stocked trout sections…all of them. This does not mean, however, that all streams are stocked at these very limits; it does mean that they are stocked between these limits. It is pretty unusual to find a stream that is directly stocked at its mouth, for example.
https://www.fishandboat.com/Fish/FishingRegulations/Documents/2022summarybook.pdf

Also, in Bucks Co Tohickon in the walk-in stretch of the stocked section is beautiful, wider body water with scenery reminiscent of and in some cases better than Central Pa.

Last edited:
As I am sure you already know, because the PFBC has made an effort to define upper & lower sections, you no longer have to BY LAW not fish certain entire streams after March 1 because they were closed previously as they were listed by NAME in the Summary, not by section.

You now only have to NOT fish the stocked sections if they are so defined in a given county.

This is a HUGE improvement in clarifying the regulations IMHO.

Of course make sure the stream in question AND the section in question where you want to fish is effceted by the section definitions.

Last edited:
Long overdue.
Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

Any idea if the maps online will reflect this change as well?

The section limits have long been defined with links to upper & lower coordinates on the stocking list that will take you to a Google map. In addition, it appears the section are also defined on PFBC Trout Streams map.

I'm not sure if these are the maps you are referring to.

Any idea if the maps online will reflect this change as well?
The stocking list includes the coordinates with the upper and lower lists of stocking in each section. I believe the list will be available soon, before the closure of streams for stocking.

Back