2019 Annual Spring Jamboree May 17-19, 2019

JF_ wrote:
I'll be getting there Fri mid-day and leaving Sunday.

FYI, I fished Spring Creek yesterday, sulphurs came off steady from 1 to 4. Non stop risers. I didn't fish the evening so I don't know how that went.

JF,

You may have just changed my plans. I was going to hang at East Licking creek for the day. Sounds like a quick pass thru at EL and then an afternoon run to Spring.

Back to the food, I have a few lbs of London broil marinating for Sat night.

I have home made sloppy joes for Saturday.

Trapshooter wrote:
I have home made sloppy joes for Saturday.

Great! Keep em coming.

I have some home made beer for Saturday. I'll have a growler of a Berliner Weisse, one of a NEIPA, and two growlers of what I'm labeling Shitty Beer. I brewed it specifically for the Jam and planned to bring a five gallon keg, but it didn't turn out quite as I planned. Great ingredients but definitely out of balance. Kind of like a beadhead parachute - it just doesn't work.

Maurice wrote:
Back to the food, I have a few lbs of London broil marinating for Sat night.

I'LL HAVE ENOUGH CHICKEN TACOS FOR A FEW EXTRA PEOPLE.

TimB wrote:
I have some home made beer for Saturday. I'll have a growler of a Berliner Weisse, one of a NEIPA, and two growlers of what I'm labeling Shitty Beer. I brewed it specifically for the Jam and planned to bring a five gallon keg, but it didn't turn out quite as I planned. Great ingredients but definitely out of balance. Kind of like a beadhead parachute - it just doesn't work.

Well it sounds like you found a name for it anyway...beadhead parachute. I like it!

Maurice wrote:
TimB wrote:

Well it sounds like you found a name for it anyway...beadhead parachute. I like it!

It is catchy!!

Everyone have a great time!!
I have the wedding bell blues, that I'm not there.
GG

I just wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend. I had never been to the event or the area. I was welcomed and your suggestions we're spot on. Spring Run fished well for me. I was too tired to join Sat night at the pavillion. Hopefully, I will make it next year.
Pat
aka "the tent guy"

A nice jam - good to meet you Pat (and some other folks).

The fish treated me pretty rough, like last year. Yesterday (Sat) was a beautiful day but poor fishing: we nymphed Spring Creek intensely getting few or no takers. The sulpher hatch was so-so in the evening and I managed eight or nine fish, mostly on caddis. All the fish I saw from Spring Creek were very fat.

Hit the LJ today at mid-day. It was fishable but tough wading and I had to move very carefully. No bugs or surface action. I did manage a couple and broke off a fish in the mid-teens in heavy current. Fish wanted a stonefly nymph right on the bottom. I was glad I had the 10' 6WT. Saw more guys fishing from boats on the LJ today than wading.

The afternoon storms today (Sun) were severe - worst I've seen in a long time - and ran me off the water (almost had a tree fall on my car, close call). Dodging storms all the way home prevented me from doing any additional fishing today.

Good to see you all this weekend.

Great Times for sure. Nice to see everyone.

I had a great time. Good to see yunz all.

A great time was had. Despite a few streams being too high, the fishing was good overall. Plenty of fish were caught, good times with good friends, seeing a bunch of cool people I don't see enough of. Just awesome. The jam rocks.

pcray1231 wrote:
A great time was had. Despite a few streams being too high, the fishing was good overall. Plenty of fish were caught, good times with good friends, seeing a bunch of cool people I don't see enough of. Just awesome. The jam rocks.

So, you didn't need pontoons on your tent this time?

FarmerDave wrote:
pcray1231 wrote:

So, you didn't need pontoons on your tent this time?

LMAO. a truly memorable moment in Jam History. GG :lol: :lol: :p

Nope! Believe it or not I was in a cabin. This is why we had nice weather.

Great seeing everyone again. Fishing was so-so for us on Friday but folks managed a few throughout the day. The hatch never materialized where we were Friday evening

Saturday was a slow start we managed just a couple in the morning. Stopped at Fly Fishers Fly Shop in the afternoon, it was packed! All the cool-kids were in there buying gear. I managed to spend a few $'s on tying materials and a sweet mug. Then we headed back to camp, ate lunch, and tied flies until 4.

Saturday night was the same story as Friday, the hatch never materialized where we were but I did find a small pocket of risers on the way back around 730. Picked one up and we were done. Spring was, predictably, a sausage party in certain spots. This is to be expected this time of year.

The Saturday showing was a little light this year but lots of great stories, jokes, and camaraderie were shared. Next year will be 25 years? Better start planning for a monsoon the second week of May 2020!

Had a wonderful jam. Great to see all of your smiling faces again.

Here are a couple photos we took floating the Little J.

y4mlQZS_1prGojF2zHSh-hurPArt6Q8LVk-mOgWn2I9niwIa_I5JNmxY1_8egnVtUFyjOyFrKH7FOevRaQqLrcCOXTwKUDhI4iNCmxxTjH7axz64wV2_6jQjuWwBtWowknmY3nmxJuOELVLd3xzpxqFBV0ksfza8LA56uZYwWjRSvPM3AE-w1-1s3Md9erSGutO

y4mNpMaKPYbwAxFqvhAKo23FBv2k2GmHlLyvfzhOVZil5rvD5VqWnjau_CarZVuYSTWFUjm1u6RCLJMm0dg7s8SobZSxMGOKnpUURidj3Jzmok6tf2nYwFBcvSEmk080u6cYdTGTWd1R4yHjLvoSoK61P9kCn__uZK3u_fK1lFae5W4so5LPS67g8DHPhnMVUMC

y4mLID9Sxff0Z05iDYkeUqzKDtUOiJ3otck2lr9UwiZwuR-ZWI2gZY0UPYh-L0UObX5e0y7IJgfF3Vt-E44Ycv92rD5yaJnDMJ2K8CqjBNm47qgZnW7cpEnJDcBz7RCNQ48TeKTAXGKL1OHa2hKNd0dg7cR-EAckfvDUSkkRkwVMPiSDpis1r1kMSZEFu8Beqdj

y4muLmmeYY0mGEChoWbnKmYZGue36cOX03dBnx76jAs79xIHd9beJkoKV-eF_duZCGbjeVJ8VsSLiSooetXdS2ePSB24WDFSmgtTqaD_D9oXhYnMzArF__tAaEAJziYgLsYeOpXoL8BAZCjOTtyYuvsEyZyUZeV9yDJY3qol3gyPEk19FzY7RRNCs_o4IjQP1eB

Those tubes and frame sure do look familiar.

Nice pics!

Back