2013 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree 12/21/13 10AM - 6PM

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
SBecker wrote:
Looking forward to this. Anything that does not involve school work gets me pumped!

I have a nice fly for you with some feathers from that skin you gave me last year....

Only took me a year to tie it.....

Awesome!

I just got off the phone with Old Lefty and have decided to attend the Jam again this year. I had a really good time last year. I have not decided what to tie yet but will tie something. I will have to let you fellas know that later. I have to give it some thought. Looking forward to a good time. Thanks

WTT, I think it ia obvious.

mooney4 wrote:
I was either thinking of going back to my original and all time favorite go to pattern, "Prince Nymph" or maybe homemade poppers for anybody that enjoys fishing warm water?? Whats your opinion?

I think either would be good. The poppers would be something different, but you should choose whatever your going to have the most fun demonstrating

Updated tyer's list:

SBecker – Hackle Stacker
Eunanhendron - Demo winged wet flies, salmon flies and streamers
Volksnurse – Wicked foam beetle
Frequenttyer – Orange stimulator
Jay348 - Sculpin
Dc410 - Sparrow Nymph
Martin0206 - CDC Iso emerger
Foxgap239 - Comparadun 
Mooney4 / Riverwalck guide – TBD
Odizz17 - Fish Skull articulated streamer or golden stone nymph
Blueheron - articulated something or another
OldLefty – TBD
Ben - Pink Tag
WildTigerTrout – TBD

SBecker wrote:
WTT, I think it ia obvious.
Shane no matter how much you beg I will not tie a Green Weenie! :lol:

Good to see you'll be attending WTT.

You COULD tie that special version of the GW, since we know how well it works down here.....

Really looking forward to seeing you again, and I'll try my best to remember to bring your new Richardson straps along.

H.A.

I heard talk of a parachute greenie weenie last year.....that might be the way to go!

I've been spin fishing my entire life and just decided to get into fly fishing. I don't know anything about fly tying but since this event is right in my backyard would it be okay to stop by and watch? I frequent the riverwalk and would be willing to buy a few rounds in exchange for some knowledge!

Murph, you are more than welcome to come!!! This is for all levels of fly fishing from beginner to well experienced. I promise you will have a great time. There will be countless amounts of knowledge available to you and everyone will be more than welcome to share it. Not to mention getting together after over at Riverwalks.

Murph wrote:
I've been spin fishing my entire life and just decided to get into fly fishing. I don't know anything about fly tying but since this event is right in my backyard would it be okay to stop by and watch? I frequent the riverwalk and would be willing to buy a few rounds in exchange for some knowledge!

Welcome to Paflyfish, Murph!

These events we call "Jamborees" are open to everyone, and are a great opportunity to learn from our forum members. They're always free to attend, too.

What I've found over the years is that we have a very special group of people here, and whenever they gather, it's always a great time. A group of people that share the same passion for our sport means we have a lot in common, and the sharing of knowledge here is something that translates perfectly when we meet face to face.

Learning, sharing, and goodwill are the essence of these gatherings - these people know how to have fun, and we will!

Don't be shy - just introduce yourself to the folks in attendance, and you'll be welcomed like family. By the end of the day, you'll feel like you've known these characters your whole life. Prepare to make lots of new friends and fishing buddies!

Putting faces to forum names really enhances your experience here on paflyfish - we'll try our best not to scare you. ;-)

H.A.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Maybe I can learn how to tie something up before the 21st!

O.K., I've given this some thought and I am willing to tie my Green Drake articulated nymph; however, I can't absolutely guarantee I can stay within the allotted 15 minutes.

Thoughts??

Dave R.

I'm gonna tie a Shannon Streamer. Right next to Dave as he ties a Woolly Bugger. : )

OldLefty wrote:
O.K., I've given this some thought and I am willing to tie my Green Drake articulated nymph; however, I can't absolutely guarantee I can stay within the allotted 15 minutes.

Thoughts??

Dave R.

Dave, I doubt anyone will notice if you go a bit over. I would really like to see you tie it.
Mike.

OldLefty wrote:

Thoughts??

Dave R.

This will be epic!

I can speak from personal experience and attest to the effectiveness of this pattern. Best green drake nymph pattern I've ever found - and used.

Take the time you need, Dave. It'll absolutely be worth it.

H.A.

What page is this Green Drake nymph on?? You know, in the book.

Just kidding!! I can't wait to watch you in action Dave.

I'll be there.

I can' beat Old Lefty's magic, but will try to come up with something creative. Maybe some winged wet flies. I can explain to the younger tyers how we used to tie and fish these flies in in the old days, i.e, 2 foot of snow, barefoot, uphill both ways, Abu Garcia fly rods, Kmart fly lines, ....

CrazyGrady wrote:
I'll be there.

I can' beat Old Lefty's magic, but will try to come up with something creative. Maybe some winged wet flies. I can explain to the younger tyers how we used to tie and fish these flies in in the old days, i.e, 2 foot of snow, barefoot, uphill both ways, Abu Garcia fly rods, Kmart fly lines, ....

Glad to see you'll be there!

You've got some "crazy good" tying skills, and I know the people in attendance will agree when they watch you do your magic.

Nice fly choice - I can't wait to see your demo!

H.A.

Back