Hey Fox!

Nevermind the people, what do the fish think of it???? :-D

I believe you already know the answer to that. I know HA does! :pint:

Foxgap239 wrote:
djs12354 wrote:
Hey Fox!

Nevermind the people, what do the fish think of it???? :-D

I believe you already know the answer to that. I know HA does! :pint:

Fox knows comparaduns. Our mentor used to tie them for Al Caucci's shop back in the day. Caucci is widely credited with popularizing the comparadun.

The fish approve - trust me. I'm sure I'll get a reminder this weekend. ;-)

Hey Ed!! Am I allowed to come? Not sure what to tie but I can think of something. This is a great time every year!!

mooney4 wrote:
Hey Ed!! Am I allowed to come? Not sure what to tie but I can think of something. This is a great time every year!!

Of course!

You're in charge of leading the caravan up to Riverwalck's.

It's the only way we can guarantee you don't get left behind. ;-)

That October caddis you tied last year was superb - I'm sure you'll come up with something cool.

I would like to attend the jam. This will be the first event I've attended. Think it's a great opportunity to get involved and meet some of the board members. I will either tie a Fish Skull articulated streamer, or a golden stone nymph. How many flies do we tie? Just so I know how much material to bring...

Welcome aboard odizz.

You'll have a great time, I'm sure. It's always nice to put faces to names, and this is definitely a fun group!

Each tyer ties one fly when his/her turn in the rotation comes up. You have 15 minutes to tie and explain as you go.

If there are a lot of questions, you might want to tie another to further demonstrate your tie, but it'll be done while someone else is having their turn in the rotation. Generally speaking though, one fly should do it.

We have room for roughly 30 tyers, so it'll take the bulk of the day to get through everyone's demo, as well as taking time to watch Eunan do his thing - I could watch him tie all day!

It's to your benefit to not bring a ton of material - just enough to tie a couple of your demo flies. You'll likely be watching others tie for the bulk of the day, and it's easier if you don't have to pack up a bunch of stuff.

H.A.

Are you talking about me???? hahahah!!

I will be at the Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve tying extravaganza and tie an articulated something or another in my usual fast and sloppy nymph method. See ya all there.

Updated tyer's list:

SBecker – Hackle Stacker
Eunanhendron - Demo winged wet flies, salmon flies and streamers
Volksnurse – Wicked foam beetle
Frequenttyer – Orange stimulator
Jay348 - Sculpin
Dc410 - Sparrow Nymph
Martin0206 - CDC Iso emerger
Foxgap239 - Comparadun
Mooney4 / Riverwalck guide – TBD
Odizz17 - Fish Skull articulated streamer or golden stone nymph
Blueheron - articulated something or another

Still plenty of room for more tyers to sign up.

At this point in time I'm planning on attending the jam. I'll have to figure out what I'll tie...unless someone has a request.

Dave R.

At this point in time I'm planning on attending the jam. I'll have to figure out what I'll tie...unless someone has a request. Dave R.

Dave how about a woolly bugger. ;-)

Hey Dave, I think you should tie something out of your book!!

Looking forward to watching OldLefty tie again this year. His Iso Nymph last year was incredible!

The Fly Tying Jam is fast approaching, but there is still time and room for more tyers to sign up. Don't be afraid to give a shot. If your flies catch fish you are fully qualified and will have a great time.

Updated tyer's list:

SBecker – Hackle Stacker
Jay348 - Sculpin
Dc410 - Sparrow Nymph
Foxgap239 - Comparadun 
OldLefty – TBD

Got room for one more? He doesn't take up much room (although he has a big beautiful tying desk).

Ben is ready to officially show his stuff. He has been working on a Pink Tag.

I know I'll feel much safer with a certified Ninja there! :lol: :lol:

hack wrote:
Got room for one more? He doesn't take up much room (although he has a big beautiful tying desk).

hack wrote:

There's plenty of room, and if not, we would have made room for Ben :)

About 17 day to go. Still slots left to demo a favorite pattern.
Mooney4 and Old Lefty let us know if you have settled on a fly

Updated tyer's list:

SBecker – Hackle Stacker
Jay348 - Sculpin
Dc410 - Sparrow Nymph
Foxgap239 - Comparadun
OldLefty – TBD
Ben - Pink Tag

I was either thinking of going back to my original and all time favorite go to pattern, "Prince Nymph" or maybe homemade poppers for anybody that enjoys fishing warm water?? Whats your opinion?

Looking forward to this. Anything that does not involve school work gets me pumped!

Back