Itinerary

9AM - Gear Instruction & TU Membership Discussion

9:30AM - "What trout eat & flies used to immitate them."

10:00AM - "Techniques used to fish the flies discussed above."

10:30AM - "Indicator Fishing Techniques"

11:00AM - "Common Flyfishing Knots"

11:30AM - "Question & Answer Time"

11:30AM - Donated Flies Distribution *

12 Noon - Lunch @ Cali Burrito - BYO lunch $.

1:30PM - Onstream Instruction

2:00PM - Fishing - Bring your gear!

***There will be casting instruction going on all day (except lunchtime). Individual instruction will be available - bring your own gear.***

Coffee and donuts will be provided for the morning session.

Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Allentown Parks System.

This event is free of charge. It is an informal type of event, and will allow some of our experienced members to share some knowledge with our new/beginner members, and those who'd just like to learn more about flyfishing. It's also a great chance to meet some of your fellow PAFF members, and make some new fishing buddies.

*Donations of flies is encouraged, and these will be distributed to our new/non-tying members.

Looking forward to a really fun day!

H.A.

HA,

What a great program. Anyone who is just getting started and looking to learn more about fly fishing do not miss this opportunity from Heritage Angler and others who will be delivery this workshop.

Heritage Angler as with many members on this site are very willing to share in their experience and knowledge of the sport and this is one event not to be missed! What a great line-up for the day

You guys rock!

Thanks,

Dave

Great!

I will certainly be there if I don't have to work over that weekend. Either or, thanks a lot, Heritage-Angler ! :cool:

This sound great I will be there.
Good way to spend a winter day.
Jay

posted in other forum but i will be there. Thanks to all who is organizing this. your great.

Didn't think I was going to be able to make it, but this falls right in Winter break.

Not quite a beginner, not anywhere near an expert. I'll supply some supplemental instruction when possible but really look forward to learning.

Dude, that's a haul.

You staying over? Let me know if you're hanging out, we can meet up with the Reading contingent and do something stupid.

I'll be in Lock Haven that week for break so it should be only about 2 hours or so.

Doing something stupid? I should be charge.

wsender wrote:
Doing something stupid? I should be charge.

We'll hold an election.

Anyways, be seeing you.

gfen wrote:
Dude, that's a haul.

You staying over? Let me know if you're hanging out, we can meet up with the Reading contingent and do something stupid.

Ya, you are welcome to crash here at my house if needed.

Anyone who is not a TU member and plans on attending please PM me and I will see if I can get you a free year intro membership.

I'm really hoping to clear my schedule to make it to this event. Does anybody have directions from the Reading area?

zenherper wrote:
I'm really hoping to clear my schedule to make it to this event. Does anybody have directions from the Reading area?

The bold "Directions" word in H-A's post is a clickable link to bing maps. Just punch your address in. When I lived in reading, I fished the lehigh valley a lot. It will be a good route to learn. :)

Looks like I may make the fishing part arriving around 1ish. I'll be bringin my 8 yr old who has been tying like a mad man this week. I'm so proud he's really lookin forward to "fishing season" errr nice weather to fish in. I'll support him as long as his interest remains high.

littlelehigh wrote:
Looks like I may make the fishing part arriving around 1ish. I'll be bringin my 8 yr old who has been tying like a mad man this week. I'm so proud he's really lookin forward to "fishing season" errr nice weather to fish in. I'll support him as long as his interest remains high.

He can definitely do it! My daughter was wading the Tully and tearing up browns like crazy at 8, all on the fly.

jdaddy wrote:
littlelehigh wrote:

He can definitely do it! My daughter was wading the Tully and tearing up browns like crazy at 8, all on the fly.

We'll have to discuss the how's and what's of him wading. That's what's holding him back from doing more fishing with me. I think.

Lookin forward to this more and more everyday. My fishing time has been pretty lean lately. But next weekend kicks off several fishing related weekends for me.

I think I have a spare Joan Wolfe Instructional video to donate if anyone needs it.

dluton wrote:
I think I have a spare Joan Wolfe Instructional video to donate if anyone needs it.

Sounds good to me. Someone will surely be thankful for it.

Dress warm guys - they're calling for 36 degrees, and partly sunny (might see some BWO's).

Also, bring your gear, or at the least, a pair of waterproof (and warm) boots. We'll be walking around on snow/wet grass.

We'll get in a few hours of fishing, in the afternoon as well.

HA, i noticed at the begining of this thread you say former fly shop! What's up with that? Hope to make it up Saturday. Andy
Whoops, never mind HA, read the post about it closing!

Well my schedule just firmed up and looks like I'll be able to make it up Saturday. Probably won't make it up until around lunch though. I'll do my best to bring what I can and help out. I am by far an expert! I'll be sure to bring what flies along I can for the swap. I should have some time to sit at the vise before Saturday. Definitely looking forward to it!!

Back