MidasMulligan
RCHILDS
redrockgrizzly
salvelinusfontinalis
shipnfish2006
skiltonian
wetfly1

email sent to participants

Ten tied up so far. Snow storm on the way so I should be able to get the rest done this weekend!

Flys are in the mail tomorrow !!!! monday !!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Two left to do...should have them complete in about an hour thanks to the snow!!! Now how do I get them to the post office????

Ok, I'm done...here are the fruits of my labor.

Attachments

• P2100001.JPG
    P2100001.JPG
    399.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P2100002.JPG
    P2100002.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P2100003.JPG
    P2100003.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 2
Awesome bugs!

I may have to work some kinda barter with you at the jamboree. Do you accept beer and buggers? :lol:

The gauntlet has been thrown - damn i wish i could do that. See what you missed Jay - WW was your suggestion. You could have got one of these with some dryer lint :p

I was gettin panicky about how much tying I have to do for spring. Guess I shoulda sucked it up and cleaned the lint trap.

You know I actually know the chick that voiced nebby debbie, on your link Jay

Mine isn't going be as labor intensive as Daves fly but should be a good one also :-D

Dave did not tie these. He makes his kids do it for him. ;-)

Bruno wrote:
Dave did not tie these. He makes his kids do it for him. ;-)

HAHA...That way I can sit back, watch the snow, and drink a beer. There's something to be said for child labor!

i better pick a fly and start tying.

David-

Awesome. I just ordered a 7wt for streamers and bass fishing. Can't wait to tie that one on.

Yes, the snow helped. Mine have been done for over a week! Just got to get them in the mail. I went with a chartreuse, white and red clouser tied with Marabou , and of course some crystal flash. Saw the pattern in Eastern Fly Fishing and wanted to give it a try.

JG

grandriverminnow2.jpg

David's flies have arrived

There's some great looking flies there gents. Wish I had the time to donate:-(

RedRock said:
i better pick a fly and start tying.

You outta send out that Sulpher Emerger ya sent me a few years ago. I found myself on the creek one night with an early Invaria hatch getting started. Didn't have my Sulpher tray with me but had your emerger and slayed them until I lost it:):-(

Sandfly - your flies arrived in the mail today.

flies are done. i tied 18 sparkle grubs.

hook -- 4x streamer hook
thread -- 3/0
tail -- marabou with flashabou
body -- estaz
eyes -- hour glass eyes

color is up to you but i tied them in chartruese, but i would assume it would work good in black, brown, orange, purple, blue and white. basically its a fancy wooly bugger.

on the original pattern it has red and black eyes but i just used a nickle hour glass eyes.

got the recipe from the book "smallmouth strategies for thr fly rod" by will ryan

the fly resembles a tube for you bass fisherman

flies will be in the mail in a day or two

Back