2010 Erie Steelhead Jam November 12th - 14th

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

The 2nd annual Steelhead JAM will be held in Erie right on Elk Creek at the wonderful Uncle John's Elk Creek Campground from November 12th through the 14th. We have permission to use the pavillion as long as some of us stay in their facilities. The link below shows their website and rates for rooms. They have anything from cabins, to campers, to tent sites for various prices. Please call Karen directly (814)-873-1511 to book a place and reference that you are with the paflyfish website for the weekend dated above. The campground is right on Elk creek and is about a mile upstream of the mouth. They have 4 webcams on their site that show the stream and it's conditions.

Please post if you are coming and if you plan on staying the night or just for the day. We can organize car pools on here and hopefully book a few rooms together to save some money. There is no tackle shop on the campground, but Poor Richards is right up the road, and there is another at the top of the hill by the campground.

If anyone else wants to coordinate some meeting places for meals/drinks throughout the weekend go ahead and do it on this post. Also reference the General Forum, and Fly Tying Forum for tips and advise on steelhead fishing.

http://www.unclejohnselkcreekcamp.com/Rates.htm

Looks to be another fun event. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Ryan Gouldsbarry

My length of stay will depend on how long my leash gets let out from the boss. I'm hoping to stay atleast one night, if not both and wouldn't mind booking a cabin with atleast 3 others. If anyone else is interested in a cabin or popup let me know.

Ryan

Nice job, Ryan. LRSABecker and I will be arriving Friday afternoon @ 1pm.

For anyone interested, we'll be having a meet/greet dinner at the Avonia Tavern at 8pm on Friday evening. If you plan on joining us, please post it in your reply/signup, so I can reserve an appropriate size table.

This meet/greet is a great way to meet your fellow PAFF members that are arriving early for the Jam, and we'll talk about the fishing conditions that we found earlier in the day.

For the Lehigh Valley area attendees - if there is interest in forming a "convoy" to travel up to Erie, please list that in your post as well. We'll work out details via PM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ryan ill be there and also at the meet and greet at aviona

I will be there and will try to attend the meet and greet.
If there is anything I can help with give me a shout as I live up here.
Chris

H.A (and othe LV area attendees)

So far I'm still in the clear to attend. I'd like to share ride / expenses... with the caveat that if i get a gig booked that weekend, i may have to cancel. THe closer to the date, the less likelihood that will happen though :)

I will be up at the latest early Saturday morning and will attempt to stay two days. Its hard for me to plan ahead at this point in the year as so much can come up. I will say I had a blast last year, fished with some new people, got to be hero to a small crew for finding fishable water for several hours by heading DOWNstream, and I think I may have even caught a fish. I was disappointed FarmerDave didn't come over because he claimed to be a better steelhead angler than me and I was hoping he wouldn't be able to prove it. He made up by coming to the May Jamboree, but I didn't get to outfish him.

I hope Jared can come and make another great film. Ryan, thanks for taking this on. Uncle Johns should be fun. I thought we were treated well at Folly's last year too, but I guess this was a better fit.

I will fish Saturday, probably not Sunday. Too early to tell, but if I can bag work early I'll try to get up Friday. I had a nice time last year and met a bunch of great new guys.

AHHHHHHHH I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really though, it's all i think about.

I like Folly's because there's not much parking there and most people turn around once the spots by the road are filled up which makes it not too crouded, plus it's not as close to the mouth as Uncle John's is. However, there's actually rooms that we can book at Uncle John's and they were nice enough to keep the pavillion open too, so that sold me. We can always drive around to fish, but having places to stay for out of towners should be the selling point. I got permission today to stay atleast 2 days, and probably all 3, but may come up in the afternoon on Friday. So if anyone wants to share a cabin or camper for 2 nights let me know.

One piece of advice... bring enough clothes for twice as many days as you're going to stay, and remember to bring rain gear. We caught some bad luck with rain last year, but the day after was one of the best steelhead day's I've had since I started going after the silvers.

I will get there early Sat morning and fish at least both days.
Maybe stay for monday also.

wet

I Plan on attending the Jam and also count me in for dinner on Friday Night. Anyone from Lancaster Area planning on attending would like to share a ride. I might be able to go a day earlier or stay another day later if someone is interested.

Thanks

Rick

jdaddy wrote:
RickinPa, trowpa and JayL . . . . think we could jam all the gear in my Camry?[/

Heck...given the drive divided four ways I'd almost try it!

jdaddy wrote:
RickinPa, trowpa and JayL . . . . think we could jam all the gear in my Camry?

Is there a place for your dignity in a Camry, or do you have to turn that in when your pick up the keys to your Toyota sedan?

:p

gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
RickinPa, trowpa and JayL . . . . think we could jam all the gear in my Camry?

Is there a place for your dignity in a Camry, or do you have to turn that in when your pick up the keys to your Toyota sedan?

Richard Simmons drives a Honda Element. That speaks volumes... ;-)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Richard Simmons drives a Honda Element. That speaks volumes... ;-)

You knew this, that speaks more.

I am game to try 4 in the Camry. But, how about we take my Suburban. I know we will all fit, with room for extra gear. Granted it will cost a little more in fuel but we would have a lot more elbow room. Let me know.

Thanks

Rick

You should consider taking discussions of specifics of travel arrangements to the PM or e-mail route. Mostly for your own safety and peace of mind, those things probably don't need to be discussed publicly. I just thought I'd share the perspective from the point of view of others who the arrangements don't concern and also from the point of view of complete strangers who have accesss to the forums. It is just a suggestion, take it for what it is worth, if anything.

Back