2009 Swap - Sign UP

Here is one of the coffee bean beatles. The hardest part was finding the right bean. Most of what I could find easily was too brittle. The bean would crush between your fingers. Went to Nicholas in the burgh and asked a few questions and found that a Guatemala Antigua works best. Plus it makes a wicked good cup in the morning.

Attachments

• beetle.jpg
    beetle.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
Bruno,

I'm still not sure of the legality in the heritage section, but they will KILL in the little lehigh. I saw a guy using them catch a fish damn near every cast in the kiddie pool at the hatchery outflow.

I'm thinking of collecting some pea gravel from one of the centre county streams to make a cased caddis. Not necessarily a household item, but it's definitely original, and who doesn't want a piece of a world class trout stream in their box? We'll see if I remember.

Otherwise, it might have to be the dryer lint adams.

i tied 16 of my caddis larvaes today for the swap. they don't use any household items, can i still use them?

Yes, there was no official theme. Any flies are welcome.

Remember to email me when you mail them.

Dave - any pics ????

Bruno,

I'm unable to tie for at least a week. The right arm is completely useless from this stupid snowboarding injury. I'm so happy that I'm screwed up and learned to fish left handed, otherwise this weekend would be out of the question.

I'll let you know when I get to tying them.

ill post them up when i get around to it

OK, Bruno...mine are in the mail. You should see them in a day or so.
There are a few extra for you, DaveK, and the mods. Also, I put in an extra old champagne cork for your efforts.

Thanks again,
David

PS what are the legs on yours? Looks kinda like an engorged tick as well as a beetle...which I'm sure would be extra tasty to a trout.

I'll probably have time to tie by the end of the month. I live close enough to bruno to get a few head start.

those legs on the beetle look like match sticks. (the book matches) That's just a guess though.

Mailed 20 beaded thorax mayfly nymphs this morning. Feel free to distribute the extras as you see fit. Sorry, my camera isn't good enough to take a good pic. I sent Bruno an email with the fly recipe.

Your flies have arrived. Nice ties !

shultzy501 wrote:
Mailed 20 beaded thorax mayfly nymphs this morning. Feel free to distribute the extras as you see fit. Sorry, my camera isn't good enough to take a good pic. I sent Bruno an email with the fly recipe.

Here is a pic of shultzy501's tie

Attachments

• shultz.jpg
    shultz.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
Nice fly, but you're gonna take all the fun out of the surprise Bruno...

alright i'll stop posting pics

saw this while looking at a previous post... pretty good unusual material tie... ear plug hopper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBnJ6wgcJS0&feature=related

i finished my flies. will be in the mail in the next few days

dave1432:

Your flies arrived today.

Nice Ties

ill get my flies out this week.

flyfishingNZ

Your flies arrived yesterday

Back