Youghiegheny River JAM, June 11

Headed down to Paddlers Lane late this week. Hope the rain holds off and the river comes into shape. Casselman river is currently putting a good deal of muddy water in the mix. Temps are great.

My schedule has thankfully freed up and I will be around most of the weekend. Is there an itinerary, or a Friday night meeting place where we can gather for a few beers, cigars, and fishing BS ?

A few of us will be staying at Paddlers Lane campground and B&B. Tentative launch will be Sat AM behind the Lucky Dog Cafe.
PM me for contact info, or if you see a guy with a White dodge PU pulling 2 man toon, flag me down and say hi!

Would love to meet back up Sat PM with everyone to compare notes and observations. Sunday's intinary is to be determined.

There as of now 3 and 1 significant other, sorry Dave staying at the campground. If anyone else will be there please chime in. Sunday for me will be up in the air. I encourage all to participate in the #YinzerFlotilla

I will be camping at paddlers lane Friday and Saturday night. Is anyone floating Saturday or Sunday? I've never floated before and would love too, I could rent a kayak if I needed to I guess.

So, Paddler's Lane allows tent camping? Will they allow a group of say 8-14 gathered round a fire ring? Seriously, this CG on my google maps looks like it lies amidst my favorite section of River.

Jack... It is just below your favorite stretch. There is stream access to the riffles just below. You can nymph your way up to the flat water.

Can we bring mild fireworks, such as fire-crackers, ground displays and maybe some bottle rockets?

Jack, the fireworks may be frowned upon as "quiet time" is 10 PM if you come there may be some room left in the JewMahal

What about tent camping on the grounds? I may bring my girl-pal and would want some tent privacy.

All PAFF users are tenting Jack, come on down, the waters fine. The bourbon finer. And, it's like $7/ nite. Excellent bathrooms too.

Sid, I may have a seat for you on my boat for a float.

Matt and Charley are in.

Hi All,
I'd like to join the fun and will probably bring my solo toon.
I'm planning on driving up early Saturday AM.
Where can I meet up with other floaters?

A couple of thoughts :
Why don't we all meet up on the deck at The Lucky Dog in Confluence at about 8pm Friday night ?
Its only 5 minutes from Paddlers , right across the Yough from the outflow campground, and they have good craft beers and often a guitarist singing some good old tunes
After introductions and a beer, we could mosey on down to Paddlers for the campfire.
Also, for those wading and not floating on Saturday, you can either bring a bike or rent one at the Confluence Cyclery....there are some excellent spots on the river that you can reach by biking or walking down the trail on the Western side of the river...such as the islands, about 4 miles down towards Ohiopyle

Great idea Wildcat. I'll be floating Friday for recon, so I may not make it back to the Lucky Dog, but others may want to join you there. Or wade fish Friday evening... That can be good too!

I will try to be up there as early as possible on Friday to fish a little and meet at Lucky Dogs. Looking forward to meeting. Should be decent flows all weekend.

99% sure I'll be on the recon float with DaveS on Friday so no worries about me making a bunch of fish "hook sore".....Dave probably will though. It appears that the bulk of heavy rain stayed north of the Yough and Casselman. Might hang for 30 minutes, have a beer and meet some of you yinzer types before my 3 hour drive home to find the house destroyed by 2 evil dogs.

Wildcat23 wrote:
A couple of thoughts :
Why don't we all meet up on the deck at The Lucky Dog in Confluence at about 8pm Friday night ?
Its only 5 minutes from Paddlers , right across the Yough from the outflow campground, and they have good craft beers and often a guitarist singing some good old tunes
After introductions and a beer, we could mosey on down to Paddlers for the campfire.
Also, for those wading and not floating on Saturday, you can either bring a bike or rent one at the Confluence Cyclery....there are some excellent spots on the river that you can reach by biking or walking down the trail on the Western side of the river...such as the islands, about 4 miles down towards Ohiopyle

Will you be wearing a red carnation ?

Bruno and all PAFF members,

Just look for the wafting smoke from my cigar and you will locate me in the river...I plan on wade fishing a bit upriver towards the dam from The Lucky Dog late Friday afternoon/early evening .....and working my way down to the Dog ...

I'm floating Saturday AM and hope to make the gathering Friday (can't confirm Fri yet).

Back