WTB Morrish Hoppers (Grasshopper Fly Pattern)

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

I’m heading to MT right after Labor Day and would very much like to take a few more Morrish Hoppers (my favorite grasshopper pattern) with me as I understand this has been a much better hopper season than the past few years have been there.

If anyone has a few Morrish Hoppers that you’d like to sell, please contact me via email at: flyfisher_17557@yahoo.com. I could pick these up in person in the Lancaster area, or pay postage if coming from elsewhere.

Thanks, John

Yo mt_

My contacts have the same info too, so I'm going to indulge for a week mid Sept, mostly around Slide and Jellystone. I've looked at those Morrishes, and I don't get why they're not any different from other foam Montana monstrosities. So what's your second and third most fave hopper pattern?

I’m partial to using foam, and don’t mind dropping something smaller behind it. Any number of foam patterns will work, including Chewbakka’s, Thunder Thighs, Fat Albert’s, Chubby’s, etc.

I’d want a range of colors, including golden (yellow), tan, and pink in sizes 8 to 12, although that could vary depending on where you’re fishing, and the time of the year.

I’m not quite as familiar with the west side of the park, having been on the Yellowstone north of the Park mostly for the past 18 summers, but I suspect that the grasshoppers could be winding down around West by the time you’re there. However, when one part of the season tapers off another begins, and I’ll be in the area around West too by mid-September looking for some of those runners coming out of Hebgen and into the Madison.

Back